Has anyone applied to Cape Fear's Nursing Program for 2012? - Page 15Register Today!
- Apr 4, '12 by mrsliadavisOh glory! I would rather the 1 12 hour clinical I think!
- Apr 4, '12 by jaimeandjulesThanks for the update JNS. I think it really depends on availablitily of clinical instructors so it likely changes from semester to semester. Do you still have labs in 2nd semester? I know you had the trach lab near the beginning but that's it right? Thanks in advance. 2nd semester seems a bit more intense than 1st..
- Apr 5, '12 by olliesmommy1005If I recall correctly there is one lab at the beginning of 2nd semester. That semester was the most difficult in my opinion, it's split into the mini sessions and is INTENSE! And about the two 6 hour clinicals....I did them the first mini session of the 2nd semester (no I didn't ask for them, actually tried to switch!) but they really weren't that bad, kind of nice cause you could do paperwork in the morning instead of staying up super late!
- Apr 6, '12 by jns1220Yes, second semester is very intense. We have had the most fail outs/ dropouts this semester. With a test every week on 5-6 chapters (tremendous amt of reading), clinical day, and paperwork ... it is very difficult to do it all in 7 days. I know that the fall semester (2nd year) is split into 2 mini-sessions too. But it can be done if you stay focused!!
- Apr 6, '12 by jaimeandjulesThanks for the info! Is 2nd semester all Med-Surg material? Or do you cover patho and med-surg in that semester? Thanks in advance!
- Apr 6, '12 by olliesmommy1005Quote from jaimeandjulesAll the semesters mix med surg and patho and the entire nursing process, the new concept based curriculum.Thanks for the info! Is 2nd semester all Med-Surg material? Or do you cover patho and med-surg in that semester? Thanks in advance!
- Apr 16, '12 by Chipper77I was wondering if any of the alternates have heard anything yet?
- Apr 25, '12 by jaimeandjulesQuote from Chipper77From what I remember hearing from other students who were alternates last semester many did not find out until closer to the start of the program (I'm thinking late June, early July.. not 100% sure). Did you find out where you sit on the alternate list? Definitely go the orientation in June even if you haven't gotten official word you're in yet..I was wondering if any of the alternates have heard anything yet?
- Apr 26, '12 by ltramelYou're right. I was an alternate last year and got in. If you don't go to the orientation your spot is bumped to the bottom of the list. I harassed the director for to find out and I think it was a few days after orientation. It may be longer depending on how far down you are on the list. Good luck and don't lose hope!
- Apr 26, '12 by ltramelQuote from olliesmommy1005Hi olliesmommy, it's been months since my last post. I'm still making it and thanks for your advice you gave the first semester. Are you ready for the pinning ceremony? What can I expect this summer and 2nd year?All the semesters mix med surg and patho and the entire nursing process, the new concept based curriculum.