Guilford Tech Fall 2012 Nursing Program - Page 7Register Today!
- Feb 15, '12 by ark88For the Spring (night and weekends) RN ADN program at GTCC they only take 40 students and there are a lot less applicants for that. I have no idea about the point ranges though.
- Feb 15, '12 by Moggetwell, at least it's only about a month now. 4 weeks.. that isn't so bad
- Feb 16, '12 by Momof2sonsFrom what the girl in admissions told me...they will take the people with the highest points and passing TEAS test first and then go from there. As she explained it, if you had 40 points, but passed your TEAS then you will get in before someone like me who has 71 points, but made a 64 on the TEAS.
- Feb 16, '12 by ark88Thank you for sharing the news Momof2sons. When did the admissions lady tell you this? It almost sounds like there really weren't enough applicants that passed the TEAS exam to fill the seats.
- Feb 16, '12 by Ready2beAcceptedGosh I feel so unmotivated now ! I just wanna know what's going on lol do they really have to make us wait untill march ughhhh lol
- Feb 16, '12 by FranchisebabyHey Everyone! The anxiety is getting to me as well. I am so glad that we have this forum up though, just so that we know we are not in it alone. Less than a month left! Have you all applied at FTCC as well? Any idea which one is a more preferable program? I've heard multiple things on both sides. Anyways, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you this fall!
- Feb 16, '12 by balatroWow, the admission chances at GTCC is remarkably easier than FTCC.
Fall 2011 at FTCC had 437 applicants for 72 slots. Now, the admissions didn't break down the point cutoff, TEAS ranges, etc but it was enough to throw me for a loop when I saw the applicants vs. slots available.
Good luck to everyone.
- Feb 17, '12 by amgladwell12Balatro, that is interesting to know, that is a ton of people applying to FTCC!!! I was considering applying there but that is slightly discouraging, almost seems like there is no point unless you have a tonnnn of points which I do not. Still trying to decide. I feel like it would make me feel better to have a back up, but GTCC is definitely my first choice. As far as which program is better I'm like you Franchisebaby, I have heard mixed things but I have been taking classes at Gtcc for awhile so I know that their program is veryyy good and sought after. Its so stressful waiting for letters to be sent, especially if they are already ready to go out! Who knows, but I'm like yall the stress is eating at me lol
- Feb 17, '12 by balatroI know how you feel, it's likely that the vast majority of the 437 applicants were ineligble through some means - low/failing TEAS, didn't attend a nursing information session (required at FTCC for prospective, if you apply without attending one you're denied), extremely low points, etc - FTCC probably still includes all of these applicants in that 437 amount. It's partially because they may not want to go through the work to sort out qualified/likely applicants and perhaps they want to give the image of FTCC being very prestigious.
I know FTCC had an amazing reputation back in the early to mid 90's for their ADN when my mother was going through the program (she ultimately transferred to WSSU to get her BSN) but I don't really know what it's like now.
I was one of those who applied in Fall of 2011, I knew my chances were low when I applied as I only had some of the points but I decided to try anyway (hell, it's free). Surprise surprise, didn't make it. A year later and I have every point completed besides A&PII - I've gotten As in all of the pre-reqs and my TEAS composite was 97% so I'm optimistic about getting in this Fall but of course if there are 72 people with higher points, could be a no go if everyone accepts their slots so we'll see.
- Feb 17, '12 by Ready2beAcceptedI am from fayetteville North Carolina however, I do live in Greensboro NC Now but when I see FTCC I think of Fayetteville Technical Community lol so are these comments about Fayetteville NC or Winston?