Duke University ABSN Fall 2013 - Page 18Register Today!
- Jan 30 by SMB13Waitlisted!
- Jan 30 by hopefulnurse24ProfessorT, you are so nice! I really appreciate your words, more than you know, and I think you'll be an excellent nurse because you have a wonderful attitude towards life! Please don't give up!
For whoever asked about my stats, I'll share a little bit... my GPA was around a 3.66 or a 3.7 (depends how they calculated it because I retook a class), and my upper division GPA is a 3.89 (not sure if Duke uses that), but I have a lot of health care experience and leadership experience. I currently attend a big state university in the south (similar to Ohio State). I will go into more detail in a PM if anyone is curious but I don't want to identify myself too easily...
- Jan 30 by kelsey939Hey everyone! I was also invited to interview at Duke and I'm super excited to get down there and learn more about the program! @mrshamilton, I tried to PM you but I guess I haven't posted enough times. I'm also 23 years old and, unfortunately, have had a personal experience with my mother's ovarian cancer. It's a huge part of why I hope to become a nurse and spread awareness about the disease. I hope to meet you sometime in the near future!
- Jan 30 by ProfessorTWaitlisted.
- Jan 30 by oh191Waitlisted as well.
- Jan 30 by paskyI'm waitlisted too. I really can't even begin to say how disappointed I am. I have a back-up but it isn't what I want. So, does anyone know if they just waitlist everyone who doesn't initially get an interview or do they send a round of straight up rejections? I'm clinging to a small sliver of hope and wondering if I have an chance at all.
- Jan 30 by paskycorrection: *any* chance at all. Missed a letter.
Also, my back-up isn't a bachelor's, just a community college RN. That program is 6 months longer than Duke's and you only get an associate's out of it. I already have a bachelor's in another field. Settling for an associate's feels like I'm taking steps backwards.
- Jan 30 by mrshamiltonwaitlisted as well! @pasky I am going to call tomorrow and ask if everyone who didn't get in just gets waitlisted or if it is a smaller group! I just keep telling myself it is still some hope and better than being rejected
- Jan 30 by tribe12Waitlisted too. Congrats to everyone who got an interview!
- Jan 30 by JDenis94Waitlisted.