Duke ABSN Spring 2011 - Page 11Register Today!
- Jul 14, '10 by SandyHOh my! I can't believe the 16th is almost here! I'm not sure if I'm ready! Guess I better be! Been so tied up with school that I haven't had the time I would like to prepare for the interview!
I'm wearing a gray skirt suit with heels....hope the walking isn't to bad! Perhaps I should stuff some flats in my purse just in case! Definitely wear pantyhose (Thigh highs I think might be a little cooler). Question though.... I plan on wearing a white blouse under my suit, but it is sleeveless. Do you think it isappropriate? or not conservative enough? I figure I will have my suit jacket on for the interview, but wanted something a little cooler if we are walking around outside. What do you guys think?
Also, wanted to ask if anyone has gotten any additional information since the interview email? Didn't know if they had sent anything on interview times or if we find out when we get there?
- Jul 15, '10 by Yogi Melazncutie10282,
i wouldn't worry about it. i called the office a few weeks before the deadline to ask about supplemental information and they said it was okay for it to trickle in as long as the application was submitted on time. when did you take the gre? i think the web site said a combined gre score of 1000 was okay (or probably somewhere around there).
i'm planning on wearing a skirt, casual suit coat, panty hose, and nice flats. i'm also planning to only wear the suit coat for the interview. hopefully, i'll have time during a break to lock it in my car. i have no idea if we will have the interviews in the morning or afternoon. hopefully, some of the ladies that go on the 16th will feel generous in sharing advice :d
go for the hose! you can always ditch them later (maybe).
congrats! i'll see you on the 6th
- Jul 15, '10 by mass234Just wanted to wish everyone who is interviewing tomorrow-- Best of Luck!!! I know you will all do wonderfully. I'll be interviewing on the 23rd and really can't wait to meet some of you, see Duke's campus and visit Durham (let alone North Carolina) for the very first time!
What an exciting adventure that is beginning!
- Jul 16, '10 by Yogi MelI'm so excited for everyone today that I can hardly pay attention!! Good luck future nurses I hope everything is going well!!
And I just have to add this is the most ridiculous Smilie ever:
- Jul 16, '10 by glassprnGood luck to all of you! =)
I'm very excited and nervous,too haha
Now I'm searching for the flight, hotel and so on...
It costs a big junk of money, but I think it will worth it. =)
p.s. Yogi! That makes me smile,too!
- Jul 17, '10 by *PaintedSky*How did it go yesterday?!?!
- Jul 19, '10 by SandyHHey guys!
Sorry I've been meaning to get on here and let you know how the interview went, but I have been playing catch-up and haven't had the chance.
Anyway...the day was absolutely wonderful! I just love being there! I think my interviews went well, but everyone I talked to thought theirs went well also. So, who knows! LOL! They just have a way of making everyone comfortable! As far as the interview, it was basic stuff and nothing too crazy. You actually interview with 2 different faculty members (15 minutes each) and the rest of the day is an intro to the program, financial aid, student panel, tour of the Center for Nursing Discovery (their simulation lab), and a tour of the hospital. A lot of it was similar to the information session I went to in May.
So I am relieved that the interview is over, but now the anticipation has set in! I have been picking apart my interviews in my head...was this good?...was this bad? Oh, the thrill of not knowing!
I anyone has specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them if I know
- Jul 19, '10 by gene09Hi SandyH! Congrats on getting through the interview I was wondering if you remember the specific questions the asked you during the interview? And, did both interviewers ask you the same questions or were they very different? I'm interviewing this week and am very nervous!! Thanks!
- Jul 19, '10 by *PaintedSky*By basic do you mean, "Why Nursing?" "Why Duke?"?? Thanks for the update!!
- Jul 19, '10 by spring2011Hey Everybody!
They did ask Why nursing, Why Duke Etc. Weaknesses. Pretty basic questions. Each interviewer asked 3 questions I believe. Then you could ask them questions. By then I had heard from the students, so a lot of my questions were answered....so I just re-asked them so I seemed interested. haha. I liked one of the interviewers more than the other, but I guess we all get along better with some over others. I got really nervous for some reason during my first one and it took me till half-way through to talk more smoothly. The 2nd one went great from the beginning and we shared some jokes. I really don't know what they want in the interview, other than being yourself.... So hopefully it went well =/
I really loved the area and the school was gorgeous!!! It seemed to be an interesting bunch. Everyone was nice. The faculty was VERY welcoming
I wish everyone luck and if I can answer anymore questions...just ask =)