Anyone applying to ABSN at WSSU for Jan 2012 - Page 6Register Today!
- Sep 14, '11 by bug2621Quote from riturathee16Hey! I'm great! Im in Kernersville...how are u?Hey bug 261....I live in hickory....how are u doing?
- Sep 16, '11 by wssustudentnurse2013I did not apply yet because I do not want to pay my $50 and then not get in. We have till Nov. 15
- Sep 16, '11 by wssustudentnurse2013I am waiting for the simple reason I don't want to apply to the University and not get into the program and waste $50!
- Sep 18, '11 by TKP3321Hi all..was reading some of the posts and just wanted to give my insight onto the application process, since this is my second year applying and know a little about what these anxious few weeks awaite.
Just to give you an idea I applied last year after finishing my B.S. in Biology at UNCW. I graduated with right at a 3.0 . My pre-reqs were all A's except Statistics and Micro in which I received a C in each class. Unfortuantely I did not get admitted into the program last year and they said it was because of the fact I was still enrolled in Dev. Psy. He went on to tell me that the past three years an average of 200 people applied and the applicants are put into either top-priority status or not top-priority. The become "top-priority"status your academic record should portray that you have completed all the pre-reqs and meet the min. gpa (I do believe that there might be exceptions if one exhibits an extremly high gpa, since I meet a girl who got accepted after still being enrolled in a prereq, but she also had a 3.8). Now just because you have all the pre-reqs done and meet the min. gpa doesn't mean you will automatically be accepted but you will be put in top priority. Only thing is there might be 75 other people that are top-priority as well, in which then the selection process is based on gpa.
As for when we will hear something, I got my letter last year on Oct. 1st and know that other people heard the first week of October. I hope this helps and good luck everyone!
- Sep 19, '11 by ErinJane1Great.....That just ruined my day! I have my BS from WSSU in Clinical Lab Science and have been working in a hospital for the past 5 years. My GPA is pretty good (about a 3.3) and my pre-reqs are mainly As with a random B or 2. But, I am taking Developmental Psych right now! So I guess it sounds as though maybe I won't be getting in!
Thanks for ruining my day TKP3321! Just joking with you....Thanks for the info. I am just really hoping to get into the program. I do not want to have to wait another year to start the program. I know we all do, but I really want this!!
- Sep 19, '11 by Monster41We are all in the same boat : ) We all want this! This is my second cycle of applications. Waiting for something makes it that much more exciting and better when you finally accomplish your goals. Now, more waiting...
- Sep 19, '11 by cdkjassoQuote from bug2621I'm in Kernersville too!! Potential study buddies!! hahaHey! I'm great! Im in Kernersville...how are u?
- Sep 19, '11 by riturathee16This time is killing.....all the very best to you all..anyone from hickory?
- Sep 19, '11 by cdkjassotkp3321 when you say gpa, is that overall undergrad or required pre-req gpa?
- Sep 19, '11 by wssustudentnurse2013Thanks TKP!