Anyone applying to ABSN at WSSU for Jan 2012 - Page 12Register Today!
- I was waitlisted at Queens and flat out rejected from Duke so I know how you feel. I cried and then I decided that no matter what I was going to be a nurse. I am about two years late according to my "timeline." But, if you keep trying and put in as many applications as you can, it will happen. I also applied to a community college, Chapel Hill and Queens (for a second time) just in case. It's been crazy.
I don't know the reasoning behind the acceptance vs rejection. It is almost randomized to me. Which is why I started putting in so many applications. @Kenthomas I felt the same way about Queens. I thought I was a "shoo in" but alas I was stumped when I was waitlisted. It humbled me in a way. I've heard all sorts of stories of being accepted somewhere and rejected elsewhere regardless of the difficulty or reputaion of the school.
But, who knows, maybe a letter will come for you guys. Fingers crossed.
- Oct 4, '11 by KenthomasWe'll see. Congrats to you on Your acceptance! My problem is that i was laid off from my job and have the funds to make it through a year of school now...but not to keep waiting and waiting. If i don't get into this program i will likely have to move to find a job in my current field and that will be all she wrote dream of expanding into nursing. Oh well, what can you do?
- Thank you. Maybe your luck will change. The unemployment situation in this country is not pretty.
- Oct 4, '11 by ncladyI haven't received an email either. I had all my pre-reqs and a 3.8 gpa. I really thought I would get in. Can the people who got accepted post their stats? They have my email address as I am currently taking the NUR 2310 class.
- Nc lady I have also done all pre reqs and my gpa was 3.89...I didn't got an email..
- Oct 4, '11 by cdkjassoI really hope that all the emails have not been sent out...but I don't understand why they would send out some and not the others? Why not just wait and send out the letters all at once.
- I know cdkjasso its really annoying...this time is killing me..waiting for 8am so I should go ahead and call them
- Oct 4, '11 by KenthomasWell if 2 people with very high gpa's and all the prereqs havnt gotten an email....then maybe they really didnt get them all sent out today. Because if someone below a 3.0 and c's in prereqs got in and you guys did not...something is rotten.
- Maybe they are disorganized. I'm hoping more emails will be sent out tomorrow.
- hope so....i am so scared.