Who applied to Carolinas College of Health Sciences for Fall 2012?? - page 2
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone applied to Carolinas College of Health Sciences for the fall of 2012 semester?? I have been placed on the wait list. Has anyone else applied and got accepted or wait listed?? I am really... Read More
- 0Apr 11, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014I'm finishing A&P 1 right now and will have A&P 2 and Med Term this summer. A&P 1 is challenging and I've heard A&P 2 is much harder. I currently have high As in both lecture (95%) and lab (101%); I review/study a few hours every day. Med Term is online except for the exams. It's pure memorization and from what I've heard, not overly difficult.
- 0Apr 27, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014UPDATE: So far, only TWO spots have become available to waitlisters. On the flip side, that means they're down to at least #3 on the wait list now. LOL
If a spot opens and you're next on the list, the school will CALL you. No need to stalk the mail carrier anymore.
So any time my phone rings between now and August 13, I'll be checking the caller ID!
- 0Nov 8, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014Quote from LoveToLearn12Congratulations! I have everything done from our checklist (I'm picking up my scrubs today!) so now it's just counting down the days. Only a few more classes until micro is DONE. I started working at Levine last week, which has already been such a learning experience! I'll be at the first day of orientation in my Student Ambassador role (pre-nursing students don't have to attend the first day of orientation since we're already at the school) and then will be at the 2nd day of orientation as a nursing student. Looking forward to meeting you!Just wanted to let you know that I got into the Nursing Program for Jan 2013. I just found out today. I am shocked and excited. I dont have to go the pre-nursing route anymore. I can't wait to start!
- 0Nov 8, '12 by LoveToLearn12Thanks and I hope to see you at orientation as well! At this point I am scrambling to get everything together since I just found out about being in the Nursing program. I am curious to know what other courses you took with microbiology. Micro is one of the courses I am most worried about. Also, how was the Teas test for you?
- 0Nov 8, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014Quote from LoveToLearn12I'm taking micro by itself since I have all my other classes done. Soooo glad it's almost done! Do you need to take any other classes besides the nursing courses?Thanks and I hope to see you at orientation as well! At this point I am scrambling to get everything together since I just found out about being in the Nursing program. I am curious to know what other courses you took with microbiology. Micro is one of the courses I am most worried about. Also, how was the Teas test for you?
I recommend going to Elite to order your uniforms now if you can. Mine took about a week and half (they have to be embroidered) but the closer you get to January, the longer they'll take.
The TEAS was fine. I ended up not studying for it very much because I was too busy studying for micro. I reviewed the science section because I knew that would be my weakest subject. I scored 87% overall, which places me in the 92nd percentile. I think you only have to score in the mid 60s percentile.
Feel free to ask me more questions!
- 0Nov 8, '12 by LoveToLearn12VoiletKaliLPN, you don't have to take the TEAS until you have actually been accepted into the nursing program. It is not required when you are filling out the admissions application. RunnerRN2b2014, I have to take the nursing classes as well as A&P 1&2, Micro, and Med Term. I am concerned that my course load will be too much. I am also working on the weekends for CHS. Do you have any suggestions on which classes to take together? I will try to order my uniforms by next week. I'm still waiting for my advisor to return my call so we can meet and she can remove the hold. I don't know if I will be able to register in time on the 12th. I'm glad the TEAS wasn't too much of a big deal for you. I will just study for a bit and hope for the best!