vidant health-Greenville, NCRegister Today!
- by lucylucylucy Sep 24, '12I am recently offered a job in Vidant Health at Greenville, NC. What do you think of the hospital and living in Greenville?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=788456©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 845 Views
- Sep 27, '12 by ada0679Quote from lucylucylucyThe hospital is great. It is huge... Almost 1000 beds. Surrounding counties are underserved poor. Lots of disparities in care. I think that it will become a research hotbed in the near future.I am recently offered a job in Vidant Health at Greenville, NC. What do you think of the hospital and living in Greenville?
- Oct 10, '12 by zemorasI am curious, how long did it take for them to contact you after applying for a position? Also what's the floor that you will be working?
Greenville itself okay. It's full of restaurants, one mall, and two movie theaters. To be honest G-Vegas (as some locals call it) is mainly centered around catering to the college students. So if you like being in a town full of bad drivers and don't mind the traffic grind during game time you will be fine. I agree with the previous comment that the areas outside of Greenville are rural and poor.
Vidant is the monopoly in the area. They buy up whatever hospitals and medical centers that they can get their hands on in Eastern NC. Vidant would be a great learning experience. However to me, some of the nurses can be a little cold, unfriendly, and arrogant.
- Oct 16, '12 by lucylucy5240They contacted me couple days later after I have applied. I will be working at the heart center. Where do you work zemoras?
- Oct 16, '12 by lucylucy5240ada0679, I visited the hospital couple weeks ago. Hospital itself seems very nice and up-to-date. I have to say it is actually better than the ones near DC. Especially when you look at the patient : nurse/care partner ratio.