UNC-CH ABSN for 2011 - page 6
Just to get a good idea of where I stand when I apply to UNC-CH's ABSN program I have a couple questions, if someone could answer. First, I am graduating with a psych degree, and a child dev. minor with a 3.5 gpa. What is the... Read More
- 0May 10, '11 by ocenniasuperWufie- I just found out we all have to file the CSS letter and the due date was March 1. The guy I emailed said that it might affect how much aid we get
so get that CSS profile done TODAY!
As far as orientation goes I believe we should be getting an email soon. If I haven't heard from them by tomorrow I'll call.
Can't wait to meet you guys!
- 0Ocennia: not that I don't believe you, but who told you that? After I told the financial aid person I emailed that I have a previous degree, she said I didn't have to file it... I also sent her a link to that page on the SON's website that says the same thing...
Looks like there's a communication error somewhere! Grr. I'll let you know if I hear anything else, too!
- 0That stinks! Sorry to hear that. I've experienced similar miscommunications with several topics, too... I hope that what we've been hearing about the administration isn't true once we start.
Just got an email with some orientation info! Dk anything about the TEAS... There's only a couple times offered to take it which I hope changes bc I may be starting a new job soon....!
- 0I wish they had told us about the TEAS in advanced. You can take it right after orientation which is what I'm going to do. So today after work, I'm rushing to Barnes and Noble and buying a book so I can study...dang it!!
The email said something about summer courses and I'm just hoping they're not making us take something over the summer because I live in CA and it would be very difficult!
I really hope that once we get there the communication is better because I'm really annoyed about the fact that two people told me two different things about two different topics!
are you coming this Saturday?
- 0Me too! It's so frustrating. We were going to go apartment shopping after, but we can't until Sunday now.
Anyway, I wouldn't fret too much about the test. It's on basic algebra and English, so nothing too bad. I'm sure you're quite able to handle it.
Yep, I'll be there! Wish there was a way we could recognize each other... It'd be great to meet our future classmates early on!Last edit by superWufie on May 11, '11
- 0I was going to go apt shopping too, now I'm going to have to fly back out there in October....
I hate standarized tests- they make me nervous and paranoid. I've been trying to find practice questions online and haven't found anything that is free and I can simply download. I went to Barnes and Nobles and they had something but it was $60!!!
If you see anything online please let me know!
- 0May 13, '11 by superWufieI can't post them on the boards, but there are a couple sites I found through Google that give you some practice questions for free. You kind of have to look past the ads, though. Don't fret! There are lots of questions out there, and the test wont be anything you can't handle anyway.
- 0May 13, '11 by VickyRN Senior ModeratorQuote from superWufieAs long as the sites are not someone's personal blog, please feel free to post the sites hereI can't post them on the boards, but there are a couple sites I found through Google that give you some practice questions for free. You kind of have to look past the ads, though. Don't fret! There are lots of questions out there, and the test wont be anything you can't handle anyway.