UNC BSN May 2013 - page 9
by luvmydogNC 15,463 Views | 88 Comments
I just wanted to see if anyone was applying for UNC-Chapel Hill's BSN program starting in May 2013!... Read More
- 0Mar 13, '13 by WolfpackMommyI'm a 2nd degree student - graduated from NCSU in 2005 and been teaching high school ever since - pre reqs were pretty much done in college and this was the last chance for some of them to meet the 10 yr requirement. If I don't get in this go around, I'm not sure I'll apply again just because I'll have to re-take some classes. My GPA was pretty good - I made one C in physiology but that's it. I don't have any healthcare experience which is why I think I've been waitlisted twice.. I think if I had gotten my CNA then I would have had a better shot. Guess I'll keep on with the waiting game..
- 1Mar 20, '13 by True.ImageIf anyone is still looking at this thread... I was waitlisted.. and now accepted. They emailed me tuesday night. Congratulations to those who got accepted. Don't give up, those of you who didnt get accepted. I've been turned down 4 times while trying to achieve my goals to further my education and I didnt give up.
- 0Mar 20, '13 by bori5017Quote from True.ImageCongrats, Ture.Image!!If anyone is still looking at this thread... I was waitlisted.. and now accepted. They emailed me tuesday night. Congratulations to those who got accepted. Don't give up, those of you who didnt get accepted. I've been turned down 4 times while trying to achieve my goals to further my education and I didnt give up.
You received the email tuesday night? Wasn't it off office hour? I am still waitlisted.
- 1Mar 20, '13 by ceb2784I've been watching this thread but hadn't posted up to this point. I'm a second degree applicant (2nd time applying, first time was for the Jan 2012 ABSN start). I got waitlisted last week and got a letter in the mail today saying I was accepted!!!! My myunc.com status has not changed from waitlisted yet. I didn't get a letter in the mail last week saying I was waitlisted, so I was planning on calling next week if I still hadn't seen it, but the surprise when I opened the mailbox this evening after work was soooooo worth it! For those of you that are still waitlisted, hang in there. It will work out when and how it's supposed to.
- 2Mar 21, '13 by akinsuncHi all!
Over the past few weeks I have been watching this thread like a hawk, waiting and hoping to hear good news. After checking my online status last week, I was pretty bummed to see that I was waitlisted. Like ceb2784, I had yet to receive a confirmation letter in the mail, so I hoped that meant I would be getting that ever-so-awesome congratulatory letter. False, I received a letter in the mail today only further solidifying my waitlist status. I hung my head, ate some ice cream and put on my fat pants. Until I checked my email. It turns out the the UNC SON has about a million ways to alert you of your application status (and to toy with your emotions).
It's amazing to hear the good news of being admitted! I wanted to reach out to everyone and urge those on the waitlist to not give up and to check and double check and triple check your email, mailbox and online! Best of luck!!
- 0Mar 26, '13 by unc_hopefulRNCongrats to everyone accepted & very special congrats to you who were accepted off of the waitlist! I found out that I was waitlisted on the 11th and have yet to receive a letter in the mail I live in durham by the way, and most of my friends who were also waitlisted have already received their letters indicating their waitlist status...sooo im not sure if this means anything for me Who knows! This whole process is making me a nervous wreck!
@akinsunc: after you received your letter in the mail, how soon after did you find out that you were accepted?
Fingers crossed that a spot will open for me eventually!