UNC ABSN 2013Register Today!
- by cat.lady Sep 10, '12Hi, just wondering if anyone else is waiting to hear back for admission to UNC's ABSN this january. We can keep our fingers crossed together! This is my 2nd time applying to their ABSN program, I got waitlisted last time, so reeeaaally hoping hard this time around.
- Sep 10, '12 by tarheelloveI'm waiting, trying to be patient (but actually freaking out)! Hopefully we'll get some good news next month! When do you think we'll find out? Did they give you a reason for being waitlisted last time or give you advice to improve your application?
- Sep 10, '12 by cat.ladylast time, I think we found out around the 2nd or 3rd week of october, but I am not positive. Yes, they did advise me to do more volunteer work, and I also had a C in statistics, which I retook for this time around.... we shall see. Is this your first time applying?
- Sep 10, '12 by tarheelloveYeah, it's my first time applying :/ we'll see..
- Sep 10, '12 by cat.ladyi think last year was a lot harder too because they had just had the funding cuts
- Sep 11, '12 by elise87I'm waiting and freaking out as well. So here's my story and hopefully you can tell me if I might have a chance.
I'm an alumni class of 2010 (not that matters), but anyways I finished up my pre-reqs applied to a nursing school out of state. I got in, I completed alittle more than half and made all As and Bs, passed all my clinicials, etc. I finished all jr level courses. It was an advanced placement program. I started that program last year, btw. Everything was good, then I got bad news from home and I had to come back. I left everything, job, place, and school. I left in good standing though. So, now that everything is better I applied to unc. I'm closer to home and if I'm needed I'm able to come home asap. I know that very little if not none of my classes will transfer which I'm ok with. I just really wanna finish nursing school. I did all 3 papers and I think they were pretty good. I completed many clinical hours, volunteer work in school, worked in a hospital, as well as volunteering at the hospital. I did get a C in stats but considering my experience and overall grades I hope that won't be a big deal
any comments?Last edit by elise87 on Sep 11, '12 : Reason: forgot some info
- Sep 11, '12 by cat.ladyWow, that sounds stressful, hope everything is ok! I am certainly not an expert, but sounds competitive to me. I know that they do evaluations once in a while to see if anything transfers from a previously attended nursing school, have they contacted you to speak with someone about that yet? sounds like we are all kind of in limbo can't wait to find out!
- Sep 11, '12 by elise87Quote from cat.ladyNo not yet . I been praying hard every night. Come one October!!! Lol I hope we get in.Wow, that sounds stressful, hope everything is ok! I am certainly not an expert, but sounds competitive to me. I know that they do evaluations once in a while to see if anything transfers from a previously attended nursing school, have they contacted you to speak with someone about that yet? sounds like we are all kind of in limbo can't wait to find out!
- Sep 26, '12 by tscarletteHi all!! I applied as well, and am anxiously awaiting October! Soon! I got accepted into Duke's ABSN program starting in January 2013, but am hoping for UNC!
- Sep 28, '12 by fsa0521Hey everyone! I applied to their ABSN Spring 2013 program as well. Haven't received any information since I finished the application back in June. I've been checking MyUNC every week and it always says "your decision is not yet available." It's a little frustrating because I really want to know where my plans for next year stand. I also applied to University of Miami, which they were extremely better at communicating. I just finished applying to Loyola University of Chicago today. My goal is to get into a program that starts in January so that I do not waste any more time. Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying to God for good news to arrive in the mail!