Stanly Community College Fall 2012 Nursing StudentsRegister Today!
- by RT21 Mar 21, '12Hello...just looking to meet more SCC nursing students!!! I know it has to be more than the two I've recently come across on here! )) Looking forward to classes starting in the fall.
- Mar 26, '12 by lauriebmooreWhere are you planning on taking your CPR class? The American Red Cross up the road from me (in Salisbury) is offering it for $110. I didn't realize it costs that much to take a CPR class! Do you know of any other place that is cheaper?
- Mar 26, '12 by RT21I'm already cpr certified since I'm a respiratory therapist....we have to get recertified every 2 years. Do you work at a hospital? If so, typically hospitals have education reimbursement or either give free cpr classes to employees....I know CMC does. I didn't realize it cost that much either. I'll ask around; I go back to work tomorrow.
- Mar 26, '12 by lauriebmooreI am CPR/First Aid certified now, but it expires in July and I don't believe it is health care provider level. I am a HHA and a CNA for Bayada Home Health Care so they may have something. If not I am sure they can point me in the right direction.
- Check with your school - my cc offers it for $40.
- Hi Laurie,
I just checked on CPR classes thru Carolinas College of Health Science. For CPR renewal the class is $57 and that includes a book and for the regular cpr class, it's $60 with the book. Renewal dates are: 4/25 & 5/16 from 4:00-7:00. The full course dates are: 4/11 & 4/28 & 5/12 & 5/26 from 8:00-1:00. The classes are located at the Community Training Center. The address is 1200 Blythe Boulevard Charlotte, NC 28203 & the phone number is 704-355-5699.
- Also being a CNA where your certification will expire - don't they pay to have you renew?
- The CNA course that I'm taking- my job, CMC, is reimbursing me for that and will reimburse for the recert as well. Is that your question?
- Oops, sorry! LOL