Salary expectationsRegister Today!
- by Emilynn09 Oct 20, '12Moving from CA to NC and expecting a lower pay rate but what's the average going pay for an RN with a little over a year experience in Onslow County area? Sometimes applications ask for salary requirements and I don't know what's reasonable to ask for.
- Oct 20, '12 by MrChicagoRNSalary.com
- Oct 20, '12 by Emilynn09Quote from MrChicagoRNI already did that. I was wanting to hear from real people. Hoping someone will log in and give me some feed back.Salary.com
- Oct 21, '12 by elkparkI don't know any specific figures for Onslow county, but, in general, you will find the salaries in NC shockingly low compared to CA, esp. outside the major cities.
- Nov 16, '12 by Emilynn09Quote from elkparkYes, now that I've accepted a position and pay package, you are correct. SHOCKINGLY low in comparison.I don't know any specific figures for Onslow county, but, in general, you will find the salaries in NC shockingly low compared to CA, esp. outside the major cities.
- Larger cities and larger companies tend to pay more.
- Cost of living is way lower than CA though.
- Nov 17, '12 by Emilynn09Quote from MichelleRN34Well, it's not a small hospital... but, it is a small town. I didn't have a choice of big or small town, since we are moving because of my husband's job. Oh well, regardless, I have a job and at least it's a good opportunity. The pay difference did shock me though.Larger cities and larger companies tend to pay more.Last edit by Emilynn09 on Nov 17, '12
- Good luck...if you don't like it could you travel over to the next or closest big city ?