Possibly moving to NCRegister Today!
- by staugnurse Apr 27I currently live in Jacksonville, FL. I'm ready for a change and thinking about moving to NC. I'm not familiar with the areas. I know a couple ppl/RN living in Raleigh. I know the housing is less than Florida. My question is what is cap salary. I recent was in Virginia beach their cap was $35 hr. second question how is the South Mill area? I am going to take a trip to NC to view the area and make a decision, but Raleigh and along the coast are my 1 focus areas. Do ppl live in NC but work in VA?
- Apr 28 by shorti3287Hi! I am not familiar with pay rates or anything like that as I am still a student, but I love NC. We moved here over 2 years ago from up north. Raleigh is a great area. We live on the outskirts out of any city-type area. The cost of living is on another level cheaper than where we moved from. There are tons of things for singles and families to do. Good luck on your move!
- May 3 by calivianyaFor housing costs being "less," that really depends on the area. IMO, FL is a lot cheaper than NC, or at least it's cheaper where my relatives in FL live. The salary caps are really going to depend on what company you work for; it's all over the place. Where I work the bottom of the RN range is $21.25, which is comparable to other places I've looked, but most places haven't listed their max numbers. I think it's around $35-$40 where I work.
- May 10 by staugnurseAny information on Raleigh, Goldsboro, moycok, and corolla areas?
- May 16 by MendedHeartIm in Raleigh...many opportunities and its a great place to live
- May 26 by goingtothedogsI second that... We've been in Raleigh for three years (almost four) and couldn't be happier to have chosen to live here!!
- May 27 by Flygirl23462My fiance is a RT and I am working in Northern Va as a Clin Tech. We are talking about moving to the Raleigh area..alot of reasons but I want to go back to school to get my Nursing degree. I know it will be a huge pay cut but the cost of living will make up for it.