North Carolina Roll CallRegister Today!
This is a discussion on North Carolina Roll Call in North Carolina Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Ok folks - it is that time again .... there are many new names and faces (well avatars anyway) on...by RNPATL Sep 12, '04Ok folks - it is that time again .... there are many new names and faces (well avatars anyway) on our web site ... time to get to know the North Carolina people.
Lets give a location - why you are there, your current nursing status and anything else you might want to share ....
I am Patrick, the moderator for the North Carolina Forum ... live in Asheville - moved here a year ago from Florida and love the mountains and the moderate climate .... can tell you that Hurricane Frances breezed through town last week and gave us a lot of headaches! Anyway, I am a nurse manager for a med-surg unit and a single father of 3. I attend the University of Phoenix and am hoping to graduate with my BSN-MSN in the very near future.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=78649©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 61,436 Views
- Sep 13, '04 by altomgahey there all you NC's...I live in Eastern North Caroline and work in Greenville. I've lived in my current area for 13 years. Moved here from a small island off the coast so I could go to college.
I am a nurse on TICU/NSICU/SICU.
I am currently in school again going through the RN-BSN program. My 3 children keep me extremely busy also, but ya still gotta love them ! My husband is a huge help with the kids and HOUSEWORK Thank goodness, 'cause gosh knows when they would all have clean underwear otherwise!! LOL...
- Sep 13, '04 by webbiedebbieI live in Wilmington and have been here since 1995. I love the area. I graduated with an Associates Degree from Colorado and have worked in Ohio before coming here.
I work postpartum and really love teaching the moms about breastfeeding.
I am on my second marriage and have 3 grown children, two cats, and a dog.
I love doing crafts, reading, shopping, and bowling. I am an eBay addict!
- Sep 14, '04 by Maggie in NCGreetings from as far west in NC as you can get! I live in Murphy, NC, 100 miles past Asheville and 80 miles from Atlanta. I'm 41, was a director in telecommunications for 15 years. For the last 10 years, I telecommuted to Atlanta from Murphy (the drive isn't bad at all) so I could be next door to my parents. I was layed off in May after returning from an extensive battle of skin and breast cancer. One thing you grow to appreciate when you're in that situation is GREAT nurses :angel2: . After 10 minutes of sulking, 20 minutes of screaming, and 2 seconds of feeling sorry for myself, I ran down to my local community college and signed up for the nursing program without realizing me about 300 other people want to be nurses!
I'm a single mom with a 13 y.o. daughter trying to work my way through nursing school. In the next two months, I have to decide on LPN or RN. I am currently getting my CNA because I HAVE to work while I go to school. I'm thinking CNA, LPN, RN, BSN. I lack 3 classes to enter the ADN program since I had a 20 year old B.A. (why does it feel so much harder this time??? LOL). It sure feels like a long road ahead but, I've seen longer ones that didn't have better endings so here I go! Thanks for coming with me
- Sep 14, '04 by BETSRNIf you want to be an RN, do NOT waste your time with an LPN. Go on and get an Associates RN and then your hospital will more than likely pay for your BSN. Spend as little time in nursiong school as you can.
- Sep 14, '04 by burtonorrnHi you guys! I live in Charlotte, NC. I have been an RN for just over 4 years, and just comleted my RN-BSN at UNCC. I currently work in the OR, but am trying to get a job in the ICU because I want to go to anesthesia school in the next 2-3 years. Nice to see some people from this area!
- Sep 23, '04 by coastiegalHi! I'm in Eastern NC live in the Craven County area. Going to school now to get stuff done and hopefully be considered for the LPN course here. I didn't make it in last time. My spouse is in the CG. I want to someday go RN but they way the military moves you its almost too hard to start an RN program for fear you may be short toured. Hopefully I will know more next year on whether I can get in or go straight for the RN.Last edit by coastiegal on Sep 23, '04
- Sep 27, '04 by Immersion76hi all! i'm currenty in upstate ny but plan to move to charlotte in about 1-1.5 years. i'm an rn with 6 years experience. what are the average pay rates in nc? how are the benefits? thanks for your help.
- Sep 28, '04 by RNPATLQuote from immersion76welcome to the north carolina forum. i also use to live in upstate ny - in averill park, which is outside of albany. went to lpn school with aocpnp - long out of business now, but we did all of our clinical training at albany medical center.hi all! i'm currenty in upstate ny but plan to move to charlotte in about 1-1.5 years. i'm an rn with 6 years experience. what are the average pay rates in nc? how are the benefits? thanks for your help.
i think the pay rates for nc are either a little better or on the same line as those in upstate ny. i am certain that you will like the state and the area. good luck with your move.
- Oct 9, '04 by drkolieHi everyone........My family and I are moving in 3 weeks to cary. We are going to brave it and rent for a while, look for jobs when we get there and the maybe 3 months settle in and buy a house. We almost moved to Asheville, but got a little scared with the havic it caused. We are basiclly californians but moved to Hawaii 2 years ago.
I've been in nursing for over 30 years, an RN for 18. I am presently working on call for NICU to keep my skills up and full time as DON in an Assisted care facility. Would love to go back to get NC- LMT and restart my nursing holistic practice. Can anyone tell me of a good/ short/ Massage therapist school near Cary? . Any suggestions on assisted living places? How about good rental agencies?
We have 3 cats and a 14 year old daughter. Hope all of you have some wonderful holidays with work and family and many bessings as well.