New nurse job market in North Carolina??Register Today!
- by All Star_Pre Nurse Feb 1Is their still a big demand for nurses in north Carolina for new Grads?
- Feb 2 by VioletKaliLPNNO. Here in NC there has never been a demand for "new Nurses". Everyone wants experienced Nurses to aply for jobs. You will likely take a job in your less preferred setting, and it may take months to find a job in general.
- Feb 6 by mmc51264My class of ADN nurses all had jobs by the time they graduated.
- Feb 27 by plinytheRNI too am curious about this, your classmates that got jobs- was this recently? I am looking to relocate from CA.
- Feb 27 by mmc51264May 2012 grads. I just applied and got a new grad position @ Duke after being in a Rehab unit in LTC
- Feb 28 by esf08001I just accepted a job at Duke from out of state. I'm in a BSN program graduating in May. At the end of every month (last 7 days or so), Duke posts a job titled Clinical Nurse I New Grad. It shows all the units currently recruiting and the start dates. There have been a LOT of jobs for new grads. I'm from Mass and there are no hospitals that consistently post that many new grad positions.
- Mar 6 by PatMac10,RNQuote from VioletKaliLPNThis isn't necessarily the case. I find many people at my hospital, where i work as a cna,came here to NC to get jobs bc we have a need in rural areas like mine. All of my classmates already have job offers and will interview starting at the end of this month. We graduate in May. I was offered work and an interview in my first choice area, CVICU, which is not always case. The critical areas/ER/specialty don't hire AS MANY new grads as Med-Surg, but they do hire some new grads. It is good to network and make connection. I live in SE NC and hospitals in NC actually have programs specifically for new grads, so yes they are hiring them here, both ADN and BSN new grads.NO. Here in NC there has never been a demand for "new Nurses". Everyone wants experienced Nurses to aply for jobs. You will likely take a job in your less preferred setting, and it may take months to find a job in general.
Most new grads I know in my area of the state have secured positions, mostly before they even graduate.
- Mar 6 by QuanaBSNNC I think is a great place for new grads. A lot of hospitals post positions specifically for new grads which I think is great but it is competitive.
- Mar 7 by PatMac10,RNJust got interview email for new graduate nursing residency program at Cape Fear Valley!