Has anyone applied to Cape Fear's Nursing Program for 2012? - Page 16Register Today!
- Apr 29, '12 by olliesmommy1005Quote from ltramelI'm so ready for pinning!!! Attempting to keep my focus and study for the final on Tuesday!Hi olliesmommy, it's been months since my last post. I'm still making it and thanks for your advice you gave the first semester. Are you ready for the pinning ceremony? What can I expect this summer and 2nd year?
Summer was by far my favorite semester (material/clinical wise) it's all L&D, peds, etc. For clinicals you are put in a group but don't have an instructor, you rotate around to several different floors (2 weeks on peds, L&D, antepartum, mother/baby, NICU or newborn nursery, and an outside rotation....I think that's it) anyway, the summer is good (if you like that stuff!) The instructors are your 1st levels and a couple 2nd levels, so you get to get a little feel for the 2nd level instructors.
- May 10, '12 by wtc-wilmingtonHas anyone found or tried to find some of the books for the Fall? The school has a few of them, don't know which ones I should get first to spread out my limited funds and start reading up on some materials.
- May 10, '12 by ltramelQuote from wtc-wilmingtonI'd recommend starting with the Kozier & Erb Fundamentals (this was the main book we used for NUR 111) and a test taking strategy book. Here's a link for starters Test Taking Strategies For Nursing Students. The testing taking part was my biggest struggle the first semester and reading up on it helped tremendously. Hope this helps.Has anyone found or tried to find some of the books for the Fall? The school has a few of them, don't know which ones I should get first to spread out my limited funds and start reading up on some materials.
- May 10, '12 by ltramelCongrats! I can't wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Please keep me posted on your NCLEX experience and job hunt. Thanks again & happy nursing!
- May 23, '12 by ltstanleyHi! Just wanted to let the alternates that might be waiting know that I got my phone call yesterday to be in the program!!! I was alternate #6. Iam soooo excited & nervous!!!!
- May 24, '12 by wtc-wilmingtonI just wanted to let people know that there are a couple people selling their old books in the area, some might be an edition or two old but others are current edition. I recently picked up all but one book off of craigslist from a young lady who started last year but had to drop for personal reasons. I was able to save a large amount of money. They are heavy!
- May 24, '12 by ltramelCongrats to everyone who got in!
If you haven't already bought your nursing diagnosis book, I would recommend the one from Lynda Carpenito. The layout is so much easier to follow than the book jn the CFCC bookstore.
- Jun 14, '12 by wtc-wilmingtonThank you all for the suggestions! They are definitely appreciated. See ya'll next week for orientation. Just a little excited, been a long time coming for everyone!
- Jun 15, '12 by kbk1985Yes it has wtc!!!!
- Jun 15, '12 by kbk1985Does anyone know when we get our book list?