Has anyone applied to Cape Fear's Nursing Program for 2012? - page 14
Hi I applied to Cape Fear's Program for August 2012 term. I know that the application deadline just recently ended, however, I was just wondering if anyone had heard any news through the grapevine about applicant pool/point... Read More
- 0Mar 30, '12 by jaimeandjulesQuote from kbk1985I just have an all-white pair of Nike tennis shoes. Doesn't really matter what kind they are as long as they are all white and COMFORTABLE! hahaI have stethoscope and watch from cna class. I am going to try and get all the physical, drug, and background stuff done this summer. What kind of white shoes do you have? I had the dansko volleys' from cna they are all white
- 0Apr 1, '12 by mrsliadavisI've looked at the classes online...and it has the 1st morning class listed as 8-1150 and the 2nd 1-5. Are these really our hours? Just 8-1150 everyday? Does anyone know what are weeks will kinda look like? By the way, we should all wear a certain color shirt on orientation day so we can find each other... Is that creepy?
- 0Apr 1, '12 by jaimeandjulesI found my box of nursing books & materials and was looking at my schedule from last year. I was in the afternoon (Day 2) section and just to give you a general idea here were the hours for the 1st week of the semester:
Mon 1-4, Tues 1-5, Wed 1-3:30, Thurs (first test!) 1-4 & Fri 1-3
These hours were not set in stone but were fairly consistent (some days maybe 30 min or an hour more or less) week to week. and yes the morning (Day 1) class starts at 8am and the latest it would go to is until 12. On lab practice/return days the time is varied and depends on your section number. But it was usually about 2- 2.5 hours of lab time. On return days if you fail the skill checkoff you have to wait until everyone else is done and go again at the end of the return.
Clinicals start the end of Sept and you either have a 12 hour clinical shift on Thurs, Fri or 6 hrs on Thurs and 6hrs on Fri. Obviously there is no class held on these 2 days after clinicals start.
The days that we have tests you do not get to leave after the test, you stay and have a collaborative review (counts as a quiz grade) and then lecture for the next unit after that.
- 0Apr 2, '12 by jns1220Quote from jaimeandjulesIn second semester we don't have collaborative review after test anymore. Just a pop quiz every week, and the average of the pop quizzes replaces our lowest test grade after we have achieved a 76 or greater after the final exam.The days that we have tests you do not get to leave after the test, you stay and have a collaborative review (counts as a quiz grade) and then lecture for the next unit after that.
They may still have the collaborative test review for 1st semester though.
- 0Apr 4, '12 by jns1220Quote from jaimeandjulesThey also don't offer the two 6hr shift options for second semester. They still might offer it for first semester though.You will be able to list your preference but I'm not sure it guarantees your shift. The teachers try to accommodate based on needs not necessarily wants. But I don't think there were that many 6 hr clinical groups.. maybe 1 or 2 I think.