Forsyth Tech Spring 2013Register Today!
- by RayJ2049 Jul 11, '12Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum. Is anyone applying to to the spring '13 ADN program? The closer the deadline gets the more anxious I become! I hope I have enough points to get in!!!
- 17,715 Views
- Jul 11, '12 by cgrossholzAs a grad of that program as well as Student Nurse Pres, may I comment. First, check with your guidance folks. I have been out for so long, I don't know the requirements, but they do. Secondly, if you have the opportunity to work as a CNA, prior to or during the program, it will be helpful. If before the program, it will help you decide if this is really for you. If during the program it will help with practical experience. Third, get in the Student Nurse Organization, if nothing else is gained, it does look good on the resume. Fourth be aware that most programs have dropout/failure rate of about 50%. Lastly, at the time I was there, the pass rate on the NCLEX was in the high 90s percentage. Lastly, (again), this profession is a well respected one and make sure that you want to do a good job. There are times that if you let yourself, you may want to get lazy. Don't do that. Peoples lives are involved. While it is well respected within our culture (sometimes higher than the Clergy) it is not easy. It is however, currently, a good as far as pay, availability and opportunity is concerned. Later, consider a bridge to a BSN program. The ADN program will get you started, the BSN will open more doors and opportunities. Good luck, plan on a busy two years. But worthwhile for you as a person. Good Luck.
- Jul 11, '12 by RayJ2049Thanks for the advice! I guess I'm just nervous about getting in. I have 170 points. I hope thats enough. I thinking about retaking the teas test to get a few more. Do you think i have a chance?
- Jul 12, '12 by Alisha003Hello! I am also applying for the Spring 2013 program. I haven't taken the TEAS exam yet but have 83 points right now. I am taking the exam on August 13th.
- Jul 12, '12 by RayJ2049Good luck to you! I know you'll do great! Do you think 170 points is enough? looking at past ranges it would be, but i'm worried that the range will go up! :/ I haven't really talked to anyone else yet so I don't know what the competition is looking like.
- Jul 16, '12 by ErinJane1Quote from RayJ2049RayJ - Don't stress. You should be OK. I had 154 points for the Fall class. I was put on the wait list unfortunately. But I am sure the point range will be close to last semesters. I think the lowest they took was 156. So don't stress it. You are way above the normal low. I was still 1 class short of the pre-reqs and just finished that. So with those points added in, I am right there with you at 170 points! Hopefully we will be classmates!Good luck to you! I know you'll do great! Do you think 170 points is enough? looking at past ranges it would be, but i'm worried that the range will go up! :/ I haven't really talked to anyone else yet so I don't know what the competition is looking like.
- Jul 16, '12 by RayJ2049Thanks Erin! I think I'm anxious because at this point all my classes are done and my teas is pretty high so I all like "what do i do now" lol Now its just a waiting game! Have you gone to an info session yet?
- Jul 29, '12 by ErinJane1I went to the info session this past Thursday. Had my MAR review done and I am just waiting now. It is going to be a long 3 months!
- Jul 29, '12 by RayJ2049I was there too. I'm going in tommorow for my MAR review. I'm sure you'll get in ErinJane1. Hopefully we will be classmates! I just wanna know already!
- Jul 30, '12 by Brightfuture4usHello everyone!
I was at the info session as well. I will be going for my MAR review this week. I am right there with you all at 170! For those of you who have had MAR already, were there tons of people there? I was not sure what to expect for wait time and such. I agree the 3 month is going to be painful! It will be interesting to see what points people have as they start to flitter in and post. Good luck to all!