cape fear community college for 2013 ? - page 9
by rissespieces 19,564 Views | 88 Comments
hey cfcc students has anyone applied for the upcoming fall 2013 admission?... Read More
- 0Jul 21, '13 by Losseagolferguync, congratulations on your acceptance into RIBN program! Good luck!
I am studying in UNCW now (graduating in May '14) and plan to apply to CFCC ADN program and possibly RIBN as well. I need to find out more about the RIBN, though, as I don't understand what the curriculum would be. CFCC site says that a student must take one UNCW nursing course per year; does that mean either Spring or Fall, or each semester? This probably sounds stupid, but it is confusing...
But good luck!Last edit by Lossea on Jul 21, '13 : Reason: Mar -> May
- 0Aug 1, '13 by golferguyncLossea
The RIBN program is just a different track then going to UNCW for nursing or CFCC ADN. It actually is a combination of the two. You are required to take 1 online per year and I would say it would have to be fall class. If you have more questions you can talk Erin Luce at Cfcc. Generally you would take all your pre-req at Cfcc and then all your ADN classes at Cfcc. After your 3rd year you would take NCLEX and could start working as RN.The last year you would take all online nursing classes through UNCW and graduate with a BSN. I will be happy to answer any other questions that you may have. Let me know.
- 0Aug 2, '13 by Losseagolferguync, thanks very much for the information and advice. I did end up talking with Erin Luce, and am still asking her questions. I have taken all the co-requisites and so the first year I would only be taking one UNCW class...It sounds right now that it might not be very cost-effective, comparing to doing ADN at CFCC and then RN-BSN program at UNCW. Oh well. I am happy for you. I will keep you in mind, if questions about the program come up.
How is everyone else doing who is beginning this Fall? It must be so exciting...so soon! Are you ready with books, supplies?...I cannot wait to apply for Fall 2014!
- 0Aug 5, '13 by golferguyncLossea
I am glad you spoke with Erin she is great to talk to about the program. Everyone is in different situations, many of the students in my cohort have done some pre-reqs all at different levels. We will not start any Nursing classes till 2014. Maybe you will be in that class with us. I know of some of the others who are applying for the ADN in 2014. As you have probably read in this post, many of the students who got in to ADN 2013 had combined PSB and pre-reqs scores over 350. If you do apply make sure you prepare for the PSB before going to take it so you get the best score. It makes a huge difference in whether or not you get in. They have some classes outside of CFCC and you can go to the Learning Lab at Cfcc for help with the test. I am taking A&P 1 and microbiology along with archaeology online at UNCW. Good luck to you in your college and career path.
- 0Jan 6 by dt70Quote from jpsunkissedGood morning.Hi Lossea, have you applied yet? I put in my application and took my PSB and it's going to be a looong wait until April.
how was the PSB test? Is Cape fear website and arco book enough?
Good luck on your application. Your getting closer to your goal
- 0Hi dt70, the PSB wasn't terrible at all very basic. I used the book that Ms. Gerri recommended (she is a PSB resource in the Learning Lab on campus). I didn't really study much though because that book went WAY above the scope of the PSB. Anyways, thank you for the encouragement! Where are you on your nursing journey?
- 0Jan 6 by dt70Quote from jpsunkissedHi dt70, the PSB wasn't terrible at all very basic. I used the book that Ms. Gerri recommended (she is a PSB resource in the Learning Lab on campus). I didn't really study much though because that book went WAY above the scope of the PSB. Anyways, thank you for the encouragement! Where are you on your nursing journey?
jpsunkissed, Thanks so much for your response.
I am taking the psb end of this month. I spoke with Ms. Gerri also. I looked through the book she recommended, the chemistry and physics questions were above my knowledge.
Basic math seems a wide area, I think just using learning lab practice questions is what I will concentrate on.
I am hoping to be accepted for fall '14. I guess I'm your competition, but there's 80 open seats, so I am going to wish you luck.
- 0Well yes maybe the competition. I am hoping to get into the RIBN program though. That is my first choice though I would take either. Either way, I wish you luck also! The book Gerri recommended was really not specifically for the PSB which I didn't know. I was FREAKING out the morning of my test until my friend reminded me that the book was not specific to PSB. Keep that in mind, know your basics and I bet you'll do great!