Tips for a NICU New Grad? - Page 5Register Today!
- Nov 13, '11 by Bortaz, RNYou're welcome. Good luck.
- Nov 14, '11 by Gat0rRNI started as a new grad in the NICU, and now, 6 years later, I'm still loving my job! The more experience you get and the more you know, the more fun it gets. My advice for new grads is don't be scared! Seek out all the learning opportunities that you can. Jump right in and take any task that your preceptor or other nurses are willing to give you. They won't leave you hanging, and you're pretty much never alone in the NICU. Find some other nurses, besides your preceptor, that you like and trust. Ask them to let you know when opportunities come up to try different procedures, or they have a really unique/interesting patient. The more exposure you can get, the better. Be cautious and always know your limits, but don't be afraid to put yourself out there in order to learn.
Hope this helps!
- Nov 18, '11 by lvbnme1979Hi Bortaz, RN. I just registered on this site and saw that you had a brain sheet in excel. I am starting my preceptorship in the NICU and unfortunately all my brainsheets are for adults. I want to go to my first day as prepared as possible. Throughout my time in RN school I have collected all the brainsheets I could find from all the nurses I worked with. Unfortunately, the nurse I shadowed in the NICU just used a blank piece of paper. If you could email me the brainsheet [LVBNME1979@gmail.com] I would greatly appreciate it!
- Nov 19, '11 by Bortaz, RNI'll try to remember to send it when I get home from work in a few hours. If I forget, just remind me. Also, you can find it in the link on message 37 in this thread.
- Nov 19, '11 by 2brndrake2010Hi, will some one please email me the spreadsheet. Ill be on nights in the NICU. Im also a new grad. since working has anyone found any great resource books
Thanks in advanceLast edit by 2brndrake2010 on Nov 19, '11
- Nov 20, '11 by Bortaz, RNI'll send it when I get home from work this morning. Or you can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?pqpuwb038a70o
- Jan 2, '12 by breansHi there,
Just wanted to drop a note of thanks for the Brain. I downloaded it and it looks great. I'll be starting a NICU preceptorship in Jan and hope I will be able to secure a position in the NICU after graduation in May.
- Oct 11, '12 by smlinarI would like to know where did you post the spreadsheet please? Thank you
- Jan 3 by akabombshellOk, to join the needy ... may I please ask for a copy to help me to remain organized in the NICU. I go to the final portion of my orientation to nights this evening and anything that makes me safer and more efficient is a godsend.