Quote from momto2beauties
1. What are some of the biggest challenges you face as a NICU nurse?
2. How do you work to incorporate the families into the patient's care?
3. What are some of the criteria for moving a baby into the NICU?
4. I understand that there are different "pods" in the NICU. How many areas are there typically and what determines when a baby moves from one place to another.
5. What are the general staffing ratios in the NICU?
I think by browsing pasts posts in this forum you can find many, many answers to these questions.
1. My biggest challenge is my inexperience and sometimes that I can get more emotionally involved than I would like.
2. In every way possible, we are constantly teaching and encouraging the parents to care for their infant(s) whenever possible and when appropriate.
3. You have asked this question in another post. #1 reason: prematurity
4. We have the "NI" portion of our unit (intensive care) and the "Special Care" portion with muliple "pods" in each
5. Depends on the patients and the acquity. Sometimes a baby is 1:1 other times we can have up to four patients (this has been discussed multiple times in other posts)