I am a nursing student, just starting my first semester. I am writing a research report for my writing class on NICU nursing since this is what I want to do.
If you are a NICU nurse and if you have a moment would you please answer a few questions for me? You can copy & paste and add your own answers. They can be emailed directly to me at JeffTiffany97@aol.com
or posted here. All responses will be greatly appreciated.
1) I would like to know what the responsibilities of a NICU nurse actually are. What do you do throughout the day? Please tell me what a normal day at work would be like for you.
2) What are the best things about your job? What things would you like to change? Do you love going to work every day?
3) Are you ever able to deal with the deaths of the babies in the NICU? How do you handle it? How do you help the child's parents handle it?
4) How does it make you feel when a child makes it? Do you get attached to the children in the NICU? Do you develope close relationships with the family?
4) Do you have any interesting stories to tell? Any interesting information to share?
5) What kinds of problems do NICU babies deal with? What are the most difficult problems to deal with? Do a lot of NICU babies develope long term problems?
6) What attracted you to NICU nursing? What were the most difficult things to learn or get used to when you first started? Are you happy with your career choice? Would you recommend it to others?
Thank you very much!