NICU Internship Interview tomorrowRegister Today!
This is a discussion on NICU Internship Interview tomorrow in NICU Nursing / Neonatal, part of Critical Care Nursing ... Hi , I just graduated from nursing school on 12/15. I take my NCLEX in a few weeks. I have my...by campercass Dec 25, '12Hi ,
I just graduated from nursing school on 12/15. I take my NCLEX in a few weeks. I have my first RN job interview ever tomorrow, and it's for the NICU!!! Needless to say, I'm scared, nervous, yet very excited! It's a panel interview with 3-4 ppl. I have been combing this site for info and tips for days now. Anything specific I should know or be prepared for regarding interviewing for the NICU??
Also, a couple of probably stupid questions: when I spent a day in NICU during school, everyone who came in had to scrub when first entering. My interview is in the conference room in the unit. Should I scrub when I first go in??? Also, what about shaking hands? Should I offer first, or take their lead, as it is the NICU???
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804236©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,292 Views
- Dec 25, '12 by CerriwinI wouldn't worry about scrubbing. In our unit, the scrub room is locked and only accessible by badge swipe so you wouldn't be able to get in anyway. I would shake everyone on the panel's hands when you introduce yourself. In terms of interview questions, pick out your strengths to talk about that specifically apply to the NICU. For instance, I talked about how much I like educating family members on how to take care of the patient at home when I worked with adults on an oncology floor. That is something that easily translates to a skill in the NICU.
- Jan 8 by campercassThank you! Turns out the conference room was just outside the unit, so I didn't even have to worry about it. I think it went well. It was all behavioral questions, ugh. Still waiting to hear something.
- Jan 21 by Samantha79I have a NICU interview tomorrow. Just got the call a few minutes ago. Needless to say, not much time to prepare. Any advice?
- Jan 25 by Samantha79Never mind. I got the job!
- Feb 4 by roquenCongratulations!
- Feb 4 by Samantha79Thank you! I'm pretty excited, I start tomorrow.
- Feb 7 by kamsmomThat's awesome! I have my 1st interview tomorrow! I just got the call today. Any advice? What kind of questions did they ask you?
- Feb 7 by Samantha79They were all behavioral. No clinical questions at all.