New grad seeking help with a great NICU handoff sheet!Register Today!
- by jkarrell001 Aug 28, '12Hello I am a new grad and this has been my fist week in the NICU. I absolutely love it, but I am struggling finding a system that works for me when it comes to developing a handoff sheet. The sheet that my unit provides is very confusing and not user- friendly. If anyone could send me a good handoff sheet I WOULD BE SO APPRECIATIVE!
- 3,455 Views
- Aug 28, '12 by MrsNicuNurseQuote from jkarrell001I too am new to the NICU and without a good organized brain sheet, would love to see whats out there!Hello I am a new grad and this has been my fist week in the NICU. I absolutely love it, but I am struggling finding a system that works for me when it comes to developing a handoff sheet. The sheet that my unit provides is very confusing and not user- friendly. If anyone could send me a good handoff sheet I WOULD BE SO APPRECIATIVE!
- Aug 30, '12 by Bortaz, RNI have a good one available, that I made. If you both will send me your email addresses, I will be glad to send it along. I've sent it to many folks on this forum.
If you don't feel comfortable sending email, search my forum posts here and you will find a link to a storage site on the Internet where I uploaded the brain.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Sep 1, '12 by SrhClaytonRNHere is a sheet I used for ICU clinical. Hope it helps. Also you can try searching ICU clinical sheets or SBAR tools on google. There are some good ones. file:///C:/Users/Sarah/Desktop/Organ...l%20Sheets.htm file:///C:/Users/Sarah/Desktop/Organ...ets%20back.htm I printed double sided so one is the front and one is the back. I hope the links work.
- Sep 1, '12 by Bortaz, RNThe links link back to your computer, and are therefore (luckily for you) unreachable by anyone here. Try mediafire or something like it.
- Sep 5, '12 by MrsNicuNurseThank you, cant wait to try it!
- Oct 5, '12 by nicurn86i made a really nice handoff sheet for my floor, i can email it to you if you want, message me
- Oct 5, '12 by littlepeopleRNICUI am new to NICU too, and am extremely anal about report and keeping organized through my shift. I had a perfect one for my adult unit that I made, but it won't transfer over to the new unit very well. I'm looking for this too!
- Oct 23, '12 by NurseJohannaOur nicu is always giving us these trial handoff sheets to try out. The best ones for me are the ones that mostly go by body system, kind of like our nursing notes. Before they started printing them, I always set mine up this way...
Name, Gest Age, DOL #, General history (status post this this and that)
Vent settings, cardio drips, A/B/Ds, relevant diagnoses (PDA etc)
Fluids & Electrolytes/ Nutrition/ GI/ GU
IVFs, feeds or npo, I/Os, girths, ng/og tubes, relevant diagnoses (NEC etc)
(I organize these later, by order of administration)
Any bloods scheduled for your shift
Phototherapy Y/N, Recent/ Upcoming scheduled procedures
Hope this helps!