Okay, hi. I'm a sophomore in high school and I have an interview to do for school on my future career. I chose neonatal nursing. I have a few questions to ask neonatal nurses or registered nurses... & It's only 20 questions so if you could pretty please help me out, that'd be great! Thank you!
1. Why did you choose to be a neonatal nurse/registered nurse?
2. Is this career what you expected? Why/why not?
3. What do you enjoy most about your career? Why?
4. What are some benefits of your position that were unexpected?
5. How did/does your education impact your career? Do you use what you learn?
6. What do you like the least about your career?
7. How much vacation is typical for your career?
8. How is a nurse supervised?
9. What is a typical day like as a nurse?
10. How many hours of training in the hospital are needed?
11. What are the work hours like? Long or short?
12. How often do you work a week?/How many hours a week do you work?
13. How rewarding is your job?
14. What kind of advancement opportunities are there?
15. What skills are most important for this career?
16. When would a nurse call a doctor for immediate doctor care?
17. How many patients are assigned to each nurse's shift?
18. What frustrates you most about this job?
19. How many years of schooling total does it take?
20. What health insurance or benefits do you get with this job?
Again, thank you so much!