Stony Brook Basic BSN Fall 2012 - Page 28Register Today!
- May 9, '12 by Alev123Thank you Buckeroo. At least we still have a little hope:bowingpur
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. I hope we will be in the same boat soon.
I am so sorry, who got rejectedLast edit by Alev123 on May 9, '12
- May 10, '12 by kitkats4breakfsI did not get in. I think they were only looking at GPAs, I doubt they read my personal statement.
I did not make it into SBU, however I did get into one of the top 20 universities in the country and I plan on going there. And I also got into a near by community college's program.
Moral of the story guys, do not give up! Becoming a nursing student is a battle (at least for me it has been) and we must fight!
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and congrats to everyone who has been turned down from the program. We have all put in great effort in becoming nursing students and ultimately pursing this career. I wish everyone well and keep up the good work!
- May 10, '12 by nursebydesignMorning All:
@ Ashe, Dollface and BioD, thank you so much. This is my second time applying. I didnt have all of the required prereqs last year, which was why I was turned down.
@ Cookies...looking forward to starting the school year. Already looking at books, iphone apps, and any tool/gadget that will make the two years easier. I find a lot of useful info on allnurses, in regards to tips, recommendations...etc.
@ Bklyn, Dollface, Sproutandbean...keep focosed on your goal. You will get there, it doesnt really matter how. My friend did not get into StonyBrook, and is going the LPN route through NYIT. Its an 11 month program, then she will reapply to Stony Brook.
Good luck to all that are still waiting today for some sort of news!
- Good morning everyone.......welcome, those of you still waiting to hear, to another day of checking solar
- Does anyone know anything about Molloy's nursing program.
- May 10, '12 by Dollface4k6Hey, ashe7, I was accepted to Molloy's Dual Degree Program with a scholarship. I am not going there, because of the distance, as well as how expensive it is! Even with my scholarship. The program takes longer than 2 years because the way they set up their classes, the order they have to be taken doesn't allow for completion in 2 years. The Dual Degree program allows you to take graduate courses while still enrolled in their undergraduate program, this way when you graduate with your BSN and get your RN, you'll already have credits toward your master's degree. I personally know nurses who have graduated from Molloy and had no problem finding jobs and were very well trained. Molloy has a reputation for being somewhat hard on their nurses (I've heard this more about Molloy than ANY school on the island) but with the result being well educated, professional nurses. It is a wonderful school, with a great reputation, it is just very expensive.
- Thank you for the info Dollface.....I was accepted into the nursing program there with a scholarship. I know its expensive but if I don't hear good news from Stonybrook.....which is what it is looking like right now.............I will go there.
- May 10, '12 by dbabklyn@nursebydesign thanks for your words of encouragement and congrats for getting into the program I've been accepted into another ABSN program so more than likely I'm going there
I wish you all the best of luck and maybe one day we'll end up working together
- Did anyone hear anything from Stonybrook today? I still haven't heard anything, is this normal?
- May 10, '12 by kaywal17Hey guys i still have not heard anything either. And yes ashe its normal or at least it was for the one year program for a round of acceptances then another round to come out 2 days later. I guess they do it so they can see how many people take the spots they are given. But last time it was when we had not heard of anyone hearing any thing for like a week or so, that the remaining people who had not heard were put on the wait list.
Question to all those accepted. did you apply to the one year as well? Im just trying to find more patterns in the decision process. Like rejected to the 1 yr or wait listed but then accepted to the 2 year. or the other way around.
Side note...please life, fate, god, whatever (lol) grant all of us still waiting the patience we need to get through this!