Stony Brook Accelerated BSN Class of 2014 - Page 26Register Today!
- Mar 13 by Paco-RNQuote from Vincent_I recommend you keep posting ... even on other threads. I got to 15 posts really quick early on, and I am now on like over 2000? That's sick lol.Thank you @Emer1234, @Paco-RN, and @spiritedkidd for the valuable information. I have a lot of downtime to plan out nursing applications and meeting one more pre-requisite class. I was wondering how I could message any of you guys just incase I may have further questions? I am new to this site and apparently I can't directly message people unless I have started 15 quality threads?
- Mar 13 by Paco-RNQuote from alannahAre you volunteering @ a hospital? Do it now! It's not required to be a good applicant but it will make you more attractive I would think -- especially if you are new to healthcare (as I was). That's just my guess. So by the time you apply to Stony Brook you will have 6 months or so solid volunteering experience. And you want to volunteer in a service that allows you direct access to patients. For instance, don't work at the gift shop. My hospital in FL (before I moved to NY to attend Stony Brook) allowed me to be a messenger. My job was mostly to take discharged patients out of the hospital by wheelchair but I was also responsible for taking specimens and blood draws to the lab. Also, your volunteer supervisor would make a great reference for your application (as it was for me, along with my A&P and micro professor recommendations).Also, what can I do to boost up my resume?
- Mar 23 by kace1234Has anyone heard anything about the two-year? Is anyone getting curious?
- Mar 23 by kace1234Paco, just wanted to let you know I still follow your advice on here. What a great resource you are to current, upcoming and interested students! You should work as a student advocate!! Thanks for all of your info, speaking on behalf of the site users, you are a benefit indeed!
- Mar 23 by Paco-RNQuote from kace1234Thank you kace! I really appreciate that sentiment. Too bad Stony Brook would never consider such thing ... but alas, I will continue to do it when I can just for the sheer enjoyment of it all ... (besides, just think, if I was paid to work for them as a student advocate, I would imagine I could not be as openly honest about everything as I am now [they would only want me to talk about the good], so in essence, there are things that money can't buy ...)Paco, just wanted to let you know I still follow your advice on here. What a great resource you are to current, upcoming and interested students! You should work as a student advocate!! Thanks for all of your info, speaking on behalf of the site users, you are a benefit indeed!
- Mar 25 by kace1234Haha, Paco... this is true. However, overall I think you display Stony Brook very well... even after reading the "constructive criticism," I am still excited to be a prospective student there. Speaking of, have you heard any update on two year admissions?? I have been waiting patiently since October when I submitted my app!!!
- Mar 25 by Robyn327Hi Kace1234!
There is actually a separate forum for the 2-year program:
Someone mentioned that via correspondence with Stony Brook, the 2-year decisions will be made by mid to late April : ( I'm dying in anticipation! Best of luck!
- Mar 25 by kace1234Thanks so much, Robyn! Of course I just read the entire forum! Good luck to you! I hope we can be future classmates!
- Mar 25 by greeneggsDd anyone apply for the RWJF NCIN scholarship? Has anyone heard anything yet?
- Mar 25 by Robyn327Quote from kace1234Likewise : )Thanks so much, Robyn! Of course I just read the entire forum! Good luck to you! I hope we can be future classmates!