Stony Brook Accelerated BSN Class of 2014 - Page 13Register Today!
- Jan 7 by eliz7854@ chele and all others not admitted...
I was also rejected today, but I had already accepted another offer to a great program and been admitted to many others, including other SUNY schools and some great private schools. So don't beat yourself up over this! Stony Brook seems to be the most competitive. I would definitely suggest looking into some other options, and please feel free to send me a private message if you want to chat about those other options I stressed myself out for quite some time with regards to getting into a nursing program and can definitely relate to how you are feeling.
- Jan 7 by GoVegQuote from kace1234My overall GPA was around a 3.1 which is why I did not think I had a chance. I did have a 4.0 in prereqs. To be honest though, I agree with what Paco and others have said; The LORs and personal statement are extremely important. I spent a lot of time writing my personal statement and explaining my future goalsGoVeg, what was your GPA?
- Quote from MrsKBVI can't find the page on facebook! Can you put the link on here?For everyone accepted I created a Facebook page; Stony Brook University ABSN 2014
- Quote from GoVegCongratulations! I'll be with you in the program!I was accepted!!! It seriously can't believe it. I read the email like 5 times already! Thank you to everyone especially Paco, you gave me great tips about the importance of the LORs and personal statement but also the courage to apply with a not so amazing GPA . Can't wait to meet everyone!
- Jan 7 by MrsKBVlook for Stony Brook University ABSN 2014Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jan 8 : Reason: link removed as per Terms of Service
- Quote from MrsKBVThank you and congratulations!***********Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Jan 8 : Reason: link removed from quote as per Terms of Service
- Jan 8 by Paco-RNQuote from spiritedkiddWOW!! Just .... WOW! You're away from allnurses for 2 days and look what happens ...@Paco-RN (or to anyone who may know): if you click "accept the admission" but later change your mind, do they charge you some sort of fee? do they require you to make a deposit once you click "accept"? basically, i want to know if there's leeway or do they make you commit to the decision you choose?
Stony Brook actually kept their word about admission decisions? That's a first! Things are really changing there. I am actually happy to see that, knowing that you guys won't get strung along waiting for months like in past years. Perhaps they realized how bad it was and they changed things. But on the flipside, I am devastated for those of you rejected ... esp. you chele, who I have seen go through this from the first go-around. I mean, seriously, what the heck?? You still have a chance for the 2-year, I hope that is the one you're meant for! I know you would embrace that if you got in, and you would be able to keep your job.
Congratulations to those accepted! Wow (again) ... it's not even Jan 10 ...
Regarding the "Accept" and paying deposit: When I was accepted (it was Feb 15, 2011, I remember so well), I clicked "Accept" the same day, as I found out I did not have to pay the deposit until mid-April. I thought this was good because I was still waiting to hear from 2 other schools and it gave me a buffer to know that I was in somewhere with a certified seat no matter what. When I heard from the others and decided finally on Stony Brook, I paid my deposit (which by this time was like March 28). I don't believe they charge you the deposit if you click Accept and later decide not to go. They have enough people on waitlist to fill the seat. Plenty of people actually did that I am sure, because there were many from the waitlist that ultimately came into my class. So, if you accept now and don't pay the deposit by April, you basically forfeit the seat.
- Jan 8 by chele118Quote from Paco-RNThank you for your kind words Paco, I'm not as devastated as I thought I would be, so maybe that's a good sign. In the grand scheme of things, I know that God has a plan for me, and I am eager to embrace whatever it is. I'm still hopeful for the basic two year, and yes, it would be good to be able to keep my job. Onwards and upwards!!I am devastated for those of you rejected ... esp. you chele, who I have seen go through this from the first go-around. I mean, seriously, what the heck?? You still have a chance for the 2-year, I hope that is the one you're meant for! I know you would embrace that if you got in, and you would be able to keep your job.
- Jan 8 by charkoalhi all! i am still desperately refreshing my solar account to see if a decision has been made for me... has anyone been rejected who's last name begins past the letter "E"? im trying to make some sense into how they complete this process
- Jan 8 by huangmichellemHello everyone!! I was just accepted to the program and am super excited! This was initially a backup school, but now I realized how competitive it is. Paco, what did you pay for out of state tuition? (or if anyone else knows) I will be paying that too.