NYU BSN Fall 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 30, '12 by mayahp22Hi I just applied to NYU crossing my fingers I get in. I have as well applied to Pace University. As well as one school in Orlando, Fl and others in D.C., Hawaii and LA.
I am from Florida so I am looking to go to school out of state since I didnt for undergrad where I went to University of Florida (GO Gators!!!) lol
I am worried about Pace University I've heard horrible things about students getting kicked out for not having a passing grade in courses of atleast a B and not being able to re-take those courses.
- Mar 30, '12 by fcamugh, it sounds like a horror story... but i think everyone has differnt experiences and if it comes down to Pace being my only choice ( im obviously going to go) and make the best of it i guess. would be great if we both get into NYU! have you heard from Pace yet?
do u really think ud be doing that much studying in Hawaii?? lol although now i wish i applied there too!! haha I went to Connecticut for my undergrad so nothing exciting there.
lets keep in touch!
- Mar 30, '12 by mayahp22I mean theres plenty of distractions in Hawaii just as in New York or even my school in Gainesville, Fl lol
Ive just applied to schools in areas where I wouldnt mind living in that are fully accredited. So I'll decide from there where I want to go. But my top 3 are NYU, HPU, and mayb Pace still on the fence about them.
I havent heard from Pace not sure if I have to wait till after the application deadline for an acceptance letter.
Yes lets keep in touch esp if we both get in.
What are you doing as far as housing? I was thinking about doing housing with the school since these areas cost of living is quite high
- Mar 30, '12 by mr.alohahey! good luck to you all!! im currently in my first term for the accelerated program and I totally understand what it feels like right about this time!
I'm originally from Hawaii and also applied to HPU but keep in mind they use a ranking system (unless it changed recently). So technically are enrolled as a nursing student but they rank you in order of GPA and entrance exam score to continue on to the professional phase (clinicals). My sister also graduated from HPU and told me that the professors are out to get you, in terms of trying to weave out the weak students. BUT, it is in HAWAII! I miss it!
SO FAR im enjoying every bit of my experience at NYU. Its TOUGH but you'll make wonderful friends in the program that are in the same boat as you! BEWARE, nursing school will make you become alcoholics! Going out for drinks after EVERY exam is quite common, just saying. lol.
hopefully we'll become colleagues! GOOD LUCK again =)
- Mar 31, '12 by mayahp22Yea I went to a party school as an undergrad so I know all about the drinking game but thats cool you all hang out outside of school.
Did you end up staying on campus or off? I was thinking off applying for graduate housing
- Mar 31, '12 by mr.alohaI live off campus with roommates in Astoria, Queens. Mostly all of my friends live off campus because NYU is conveniently located within many train lines.
- Mar 31, '12 by mayahp22Do you think its cheaper to stay off campus than on campus? I just know how expensive the cost of living is at NY
- Mar 31, '12 by mr.alohaThat'll depend where you live. Of course if you live in the city where it's convenient (subway station nearby) it'll be expensive. Most of my friends live around me in Astoria.
- Apr 1, '12 by chiasmus100@ mr.aloha, how much does the program cost in total with tuition? Sorry if this is off topic, but I am finding it hard to wrap my mind around being that much in debt. Can you shed some light on the financial aspect of going to NYU ABSN as you and your cohort experience it.
- Apr 1, '12 by Mzungu10If i get into NYU (which is my first choice) I will be looking for an apartment in astoria, or somewhere in brooklyn, and will be looking for roomates as well. It is so much cheaper than living on campus or anywhere in manhattan. I also applied to umass amherst, and wagner in staten island. @ mr.aloha, do you have ideas on how to find good apartments in astoria??