NYU BSN Fall 2012 - Page 12Register Today!
- Apr 17, '12 by breukelenQuote from clam151543Hi, could you tell me how did you find out that you should receive your decision by yesterday? Was the admissions office able to tell you that?I was told that I should receive my decision by yesterday but no word from NYU yet. I submitted my application on March 1st. Anyone have any updates on when we should receive the decision? Thanks!
The last time I spoke to the admissions office, they told me that if you have not received an email, it means that they have not made a decision on your application. Once a decision is made, they will send out the email within 24 hours. Admissions decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
- Apr 17, '12 by katemaryI actually had emailed someone from admissions who had emailed me late in March to see if I am taking microbiology, to see if there was a way that I would be able to know by this Friday whether or not I am accepted since I have to send my other deposits in by next Monday! And she emailed me back saying that due to the large volume of applications she is unable to send me a decision and that I could hear in early to mid May... I am extremely nervous now...
- Apr 17, '12 by clam151543Someone from the admissions office told me about a month ago.
- Apr 18, '12 by tialaHi has anyone applied after March 1st and received a decision? I expressed my application but it didn't reach it time for priority decision.
- Apr 18, '12 by dbabklynHi I'm new to the site and I am anxiously waiting for that email from NYU. I've been reading this forum and noticed that many students have already received their letter of acceptances and I was wondering if anyone was not accepted. I was curious to know if NYU is sending out only letters of acceptances or both acceptance and rejection at the same time.
- Apr 18, '12 by shygstgurlMy financial aid package is up!
- Apr 18, '12 by tialaHi dbabklyn, they are sending out both. I am still waiting for my email. When did you apply? I'm asking if anyone who applied after March 1st received a decision already.
- Apr 18, '12 by dbabklynQuote from tialaI submitted my application by March 1stHi dbabklyn, they are sending out both. I am still waiting for my email. When did you apply? I'm asking if anyone who applied after March 1st received a decision already.
- Apr 18, '12 by ktg80@shygstgurl My financial aid posted today too. I am kind of confused though- did yours say anticipated hours per semester as 12? I ask because won't we be taking more than twelve hours per semester? I assume they base the financial aid package on a regular 12 hour per semester course load? I guess I am confused because the total package for loans/ scholarships fell short of what I am estimating two semesters will actually cost for us. This is my first time with financial aid so if you can help me understand it all better I would appreciate it!
- Apr 18, '12 by SamTanseyI think 12 hours means that you're full time, and any other credit above that is irrelevant because it's going to be the same amount of tuition regardless, unless it reaches over 19 credits--then you have to pay more. Also, the financial aid package only reflects the 2012-2013 school year, not the additional semester needed to graduate from the accelerated program--that will be in a separate aid package from the following year. Good luck!
(Please note, this is all from my dealings with my undergraduate college. NYU could be different.)