NYU ABSN Fall 2013 Entry - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 31 by nycnursetobe2014Quote from iitsalisaHey, I'm a current student who just started this semester. I know that NYU is really pretty good about working with students on deadlines and stuff like that. I would give the admissions office a call and talk to them about it. I would imagine the would allow you to still apply priority. In terms of multiple letters, I would be more inclined to pick the best 1-2 and only send those. You can ask whoever is writing letters for you if you can have a copy for your portfolio and just check them out. I personally did not send any letters with my application.I have a question. Whoever has any idea please respond. I am trying to submit all of my paperwork for the priority deadline (March 1st). I am wondering if my letter of recommendation is sent out around the deadline but gets there after March 1st if I will still be considered a priority applicant ? In addition I know the requirement is 1-2 letters, do you guys think if one sends more they review all letters or is it a first come first serve kind of thing ? Thanks in advance !
- Jan 31 by hopefulnurse24I'm only sending 1 letter I think that they would review all letters that are sent in, and will be flexible about the deadline (aka, if a letter gets there a little after March 1st but everything else is in, you will still be considered a priority applicant) but I don't think a letter of rec would have too much bearing on your application anyways!
- Jan 31 by iitsalisaThanks for your help guys !
- Feb 2 by helwafufuI am also in the process of applying, I am super nervous. I have experience, great recommendations and also a decent personal letter but my GPA is between 3.00-3.50. I'm worried that my GPA will ruin my chances. Does anyone know how they base their acceptance?
- Feb 5 by iitsalisaQuote from helwafufuFrom what I know they base their acceptance on everything you just mentioned. GPA, experience, letters and personal statement.I am also in the process of applying, I am super nervous. I have experience, great recommendations and also a decent personal letter but my GPA is between 3.00-3.50. I'm worried that my GPA will ruin my chances. Does anyone know how they base their acceptance?
- Feb 5 by iitsalisaTo those who already applied,
When you order an official transcript to be send to NYU
how long does it approximately take ?
- Feb 6 by ebinbrooklynJust got my application in--just like many, having a hard time getting my letters from the folks writing them (so frustrating--I gave them all deadlines in OCTOBER, can't believe they're dragging their feet...oh wait, yes I can ). Sort of frustrated they only give you 500 words for the essay--I had one that I wrote for another program that I was really proud of and I had to hack it apart and put it back together. Hopefully it's still good enough, oh well...guess I'll find out eventually.
If anyone speaks to them about getting in letters after priority deadline, please post answer here--it looks like I'll be in the same boat.
- Feb 6 by hopefulnurse24itsalisa, it took me about a week to get my transcript sent and reviewed to NYU.
- Feb 7 by iitsalisaAnother question, It seems to me that we need to ideally make our resume fit on one page or am I mistaken ? Also how specific did you guys get when listing your volunteer experience ?
- Feb 7 by ebinbrooklyn@iitsalisa - I didn't reduce mine to one page, and I put all volunteering and medical work (even really old medical work) on there as well.