Molloy Fall 2012 hopefuls! - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 10, '12 by Dollface4k6Hey, just wanted to let you know I spoke to admissions yesterday and they said that acceptances are beginning to go out. If you applied BEFORE January, you were eligble for the Spring 2012 semester, which is why some people were "deferred" to the fall. If you applied after January 1st then you were in the Fall 2012 pool. The applications have been reviewed and decisions will be going out shortly. They send out the decisions for the regular students declaring majors as nursing first, then transfer students, then dual degree students. And the mention of maximum enrollment simply means that they are no longer taking applications.
Hope this info was helpful!
- Mar 14, '12 by nynurse1232bThanks for all the info Dollface! It's good to know at least I will be considered I was a bit worried when I saw it said max occupancy was filled. I remember calling them back in Jan or Feb and the admissions office didn't really give a straight forward answer about that. At least we will all know within the next few weeks and we can get this anxiety off our minds.
- Mar 25, '12 by nynurse1232bFinally found out I was accepted! Waiting to hear back from stony brook but I will be putting in the $200 deposit so i have somewhere to go in the fall. Did you all get the coures eval. in your packet and what courses you need to start clinicals in the fall?
- Mar 25, '12 by Dollface4k6Hey Nynurse
Congrats on your acceptance!!! I actually still haven't heard anything yet! When did you find out that you were accepted and how =) was it email, mail or phone? I'm excited to start hearing decisions!
- Mar 25, '12 by Dollface4k6I just noticed earlier in the thread that you mentioned you applied for the BSN and not the dual degree program, which would be why I havent heard anything yet! They told me that the DDP acceptances go out last, after the BSN, but this means I will be hearing something sooner rather than later! Ah!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!
- Mar 26, '12 by nynurse1232bThanks!!! It's so great just to finally see all your hard work pay off!
What's weird is that I called them because I was wondering when I would be finding out and the woman at admissions said I would hear back till about a month or so. Looked in the mailbox the next week and lucky me there was a big envelope from Molloy, always a good sign! That was probably last thursday or friday I think, very recent.
Do DDP students take the same courses as regular BSN students or do they have a bit less to complete?
Good luck, hoping you get in!!
- Mar 26, '12 by Dollface4k6i think because ddp students already have bachelor's degrees, they probably just have to take less 'core' classes and i know the program is structured a bit different. there are summer semesters and such. im not sure if the bsn includes summer semesters. i'm so happy you've finally found some peace. was molloy your first choice? it would be quite a commute for me so i was hoping for an option a little closer, but molloy has a great reputation, i wish they were closer.
- Mar 26, '12 by nynurse1232bIt would be a trip heading out to Nassau, I'm right next to Sccc so if sbu doesnt work out molloy is where I'm headed. I'm still considering commuting, dorming, or finding an apartment. After hearing back from sbu and scc I can finally pick where I'll be headed and if I have classes mon-fri that will change some things too
- Mar 27, '12 by Dollface4k6there are so many what ifs! it will all become easier once we are informed of decisions! everyday that passes leads us closer to knowing! ah!!
- Apr 8, '12 by nynurse1232bHas anyone that was accepted taken the math and reading tests? How hard were they, any pointers?