Fall 2013 RN to BS SUNY Downstate ApplicationRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Fall 2013 RN to BS SUNY Downstate Application in New York State Nursing Programs, part of New York Nursing ... Hello all, I have couple questions in mind. I started the application early August and...by bonek77 Nov 6, '12Hello all,
I have couple questions in mind.
I started the application early August and completed the application on early September 2012, it was marked "sent to committee"
I am on my third clinical semester ADN program. I anticipated to graduate in Spring '13. Planning to apply and take the NCLEX as soon as I graduate. I have finished all the Downstate pre-requisite courses. I haven't heard anything back from the admission committee.
Here are the questions:
1. Are there any of you guys out there applying to Downstate as well?
2. Is there anyone who got accepted while they're still in the process of finishing up the Nursing-ADN school and working toward their RN license? FYI, the school does confirm that they can accept qualify applicants who are still in the process of completing the education needed toward RN-licensure with the condition that the accepted applicants should completed the RN-license requirement by specific date.
3. How long or when do they usually reply? FYI, they are encouraging for early application process.
Any input is highly appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=796239©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 809 Views
- Feb 7 by bonek77I am replying on my own post, I just got the letter from the school and it says I got accepted. Now it's up to me to graduate from the my current school and pass the board. To all Downstate RN BS applicants out there...I'll see you all in Fall 2013.
- Feb 8 by Lolita34Congratulations!
- Feb 9 by bonek77Thank you Lolita34.
- Feb 9 by Bella2917Congratulations! I was looking into applying also to Downstate University? I just graduated in December. I am still waiting for my ATT. I should be taking the boards around early March. I just have a few questions bout the application process. Was it an easy process? Do you need certain prerequisites before applying? What GPA is needed to get in?
- Feb 10 by bonek77Hello Bella2917,
I finished my application since early September. They required several social science courses on top of their basic requisite courses. You can check them on their website. They require two references, one must be from your employment and one from your academic professor. The official due date for RN BS application was already pass, January 15th, but I believe they are still accepting application on space available basis. On their website, they only require a minimum of 2.7 GPA. Hope this can help. Good luck.
P.S. I haven't finish my program yet, I should be graduating by end of Spring and hope can take the board right after that.
- Feb 27 by Bella2917Thank you for the info!!! Good luck in your studies!!!
- May 2 by CeceStar5Quote from bonek77I am replying on my own post, I just got the letter from the school and it says I got accepted. Now it's up to me to graduate from the my current school and pass the board. To all Downstate RN BS applicants out there...I'll see you all in Fall 2013.
Congratulations.. You must be excited. I am interested in applying for 2014 and wanted to get a heads up. Thank you so much for the update. I am in ADN program now and I will be finished in December. Im glad that it is possible to still apply and work on getting the license.. I'm just curious.. What are your credentials (GPA, etc) Do you have an LPN license? You can PM.. Thanks.
- May 4 by bonek77Absolutely, I applied the program since last August, during my third clinical semester. If you will finish in December, that's great, the application for Fall 2014 should become available this coming August, check the website often, also keep in mind that you need to have certain "social-science" pre-reqs before you can be eligible for admission. If you, currently, are working full-time, like I do, and you don't have all the pre-reqs in your transcript, you may want to start accumulate all of them. I did all my pre-req while doing my nursing pre-req prior and during my nursing clinical semesters including summer and winter sessions. The good thing about graduating on December is that you will have the whole winter, spring (full semester), and summer to finished all of the "social-science" pre-reqs if you are still missing some. My GPA when when I applied the program was 3.78. I don't have an LPN license; I am a second career changer. I will try to apply for my board as soon as I graduate from my current school, hopefully by early July or mid July at the latest. SUNY Downstate will only wait until end of September for you to provide the license, hence I am also applied and accepted at Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing, RN-Pathway program. The reason I am applying at Hunter is because Hunter can wait 'till December for the license, so they are my backup plan. If I pass NCLEX on my first try, then I will drop Hunter. Let me know if you have further question, I am happy to share my experience so don't hesitate to ask. Good luck to you.