Dorothea hopferRegister Today!
- by rosebud12 Mar 3, '12Hi everyone!I am applying to the fall 2012 nursing program at Dorothea Hopfer and have been searching for reviews,I haven't found much, so if any one has graduated from or is currently attending Dorothea Hopfer I'd love to hear your experience their as a student.Thank you!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=681634©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,945 Views
- Mar 3, '12 by tnbutterflyMoved to NY Nursing Programs where current or past students of this program are more likely to see the thread and respond.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Mar 3, '12
- Mar 3, '12 by zoey88Hi there! I currently attend Hopfer and I love it there its a really small school where all of the staff will get to know you and really try to help you succeed
- Mar 11, '12 by kimmygogoQuote from rosebud12i am a nursing 3 (3rd semester) student in the evening program at the school. It is a small school and thats what i like best about it. All the faculty know me by name, including the dean, the dean has even tutored another student in math. The faculty are all very approachable. I like the school and i am glad i am in the program. Sure there are some negatives about the school, but mostly positives. The students are diverse and we all get along. No problems. Its good to do your homewhork about where you want to go, but focus your attention on passing the teas with scores high enough to get in. Its very competitive. My friend took it twice and didnt get in. I studied a whole summer(june july aug sept and took it the end of october) the program is alot of work, alot of work, dont go into it unless you are willing to see it thru and make sacrifices. I work fulltime and the program, although listed as part-time, is full time between onsite school, studying, reading, homework, etc. Good luck !hi everyone!i am applying to the fall 2012 nursing program at dorothea hopfer and have been searching for reviews,i haven't found much, so if any one has graduated from or is currently attending dorothea hopfer i'd love to hear your experience their as a student.thank you!
- Mar 12, '12 by rosebud12Thank you!
I like what this school has to offer! ..I am still waiting on a decision. I have a 3.65 gpa and my goal is to complete my last two pre reqs (micro& A&P 2) by the end of the summer, but im just worried my teas score will prevent me from being accepted..
I'll keep you guys updated
- Apr 1, '12 by rosebud12Does anyone know what teas score they are looking for?
- Apr 3, '12 by nylady07Question for those attending hofper, are your clinicals spread out over westchester? I would be commuting and worried about travel time. Also, are they generous with financial aid?
- Apr 4, '12 by rosebud12Quote from nylady07.Are you applying for the fall 2012 day program?Question for those attending hofper, are your clinicals spread out over westchester? I would be commuting and worried about travel time. Also, are they generous with financial aid?
- Apr 4, '12 by nylady07Yes. I am scheduled to take the TEAS on 4/13.
- Apr 4, '12 by rosebud12Quote from nylady07Good luck! Do you know what score they are looking for?Yes. I am scheduled to take the TEAS on 4/13.