CUNY Hunter Generic Pathway Fall 2012 - Page 7Register Today!
- Mar 13, '12 by NursingHopeful12Thanks for the update, Katie0807! I heard from a classmate that there were only 20 spots in the accelerated program this year, but I have no idea if that is accurate or not. Either way, the competition will be stiff with so many qualified applicants!
- Mar 13, '12 by Bk100I heard there were 25 seats in the accelerated this year hmmm
Does anybody know how many people applied to the generic program last year? I heard that 700 people applied, but that included both generic and accelerated. They said that it was more people than usual. Wonder if this year will be the same...
- Mar 13, '12 by mush211700!!!! Omg. That is rediculous. So then what GPAs n NLN scores were accepted? All this stuff is so discouraging.
- Mar 13, '12 by Bk100Yeah I was VERY surprised when I heard that as well... but again it includes BOTH generic and accelerated. I assume that it was about 400 generic applicants + 300 accelerated applicants.... who knows
Apparently the average GPA was 3.5 and NLN was 145-155 for people accepted into the generic program last year....
- Mar 26, '12 by Romans 8:28Hello,
I have a question. I was accepted into Hunter College's pre nursing (Generic) for Fall 2012. I am a transfer student. This is a preview of some of the classes that Hunter gave me credit for: Microbiology 23000, Chem 120 Lecture with 103 Lab, Chem 104 lecture with 105 Lab, Eng 12000, His 11200 and Psy 100. Hunter College requires the following Chemistry courses: 100 lecture /lab 101 and 120 lecture / lab 121. My question: are my chemistry requirements sufficient since I took Chem 120 lecture with 103 lab and Chem 104 lecture with 105 lab?
Thanks to all.
- Mar 26, '12 by paywRomans 8:28,
The nursing website says " CHEM 100 (lecture) 101 (lab), and CHEM 120 (lecture) 121(lab) --
*note: CHEM 102 (lecture) 103 (lab) and CHEM 222 (lecture) 223 (lab) are acceptable substitutions"
Chemistry 100 and 101 are "Essentials of General Chemistry" lecture and lab.
Chemistry 120 and 121 are "Essentials of Organic Chemistry" lecture and lab.
The acceptable substitutions that they mentioned were:
Chemistry 102 and 103, which is "General Chemistry I" lecture and lab.
Chemistry 222 and 223, which is "Organic Chemistry I" lecture and lab.
Since you said that your credits transferred over as Chem 120 lecture with 103 lab and Chem 104 with 105 lab, I would contact the nursing advisor. Transferring credits is very tricky and frustrating. Seems weird to me that your organic chemistry lecture (chem 120) would transfer over with a general chemistry lab (chem 103). Meanwhile you also had transfer credits for chem 104 lecture and chem 105 lab which is "General Chemistry II," which isn't one of the acceptable substitutions listed on the website. Overall, I'd say contact the nursing advisor about it.Last edit by payw on Mar 26, '12
- Mar 26, '12 by Romans 8:28Thanks for the info payw. I appreciate it very much.
- Mar 28, '12 by Bk100Do any of you have an Associate Degree from another CUNY by any chance? I have a question...Last edit by Bk100 on Mar 28, '12
- Apr 1, '12 by katie0807ahhh we find out next month guys!!!!! only a little time left! =)
- Apr 1, '12 by Bk100I often find myself looking for information about the Generic program's acceptance stats in the old threads in between studying and I'm having a hard time focusing on the course material because of it hahahah. I wanna know already!