CUNY Hunter Generic Pathway Fall 2012 - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 26, '12 by paywHearing people are doing well as in what? What score range?
- Feb 26, '12 by katie0807hey lexx575! are u also going for generic?
whats your nln score and gpa if u dont mind me asking?
- Feb 26, '12 by lexx575Well my score was a 139 :/ and 3.52 but both my friends got a 158 and a 153.
- Feb 26, '12 by lexx575yes i am applying to the generic program but i heard the accelerated even though they except 32 people is easier to get into then generic after reading last years posts people with 3.2's and 130's got in
- Feb 26, '12 by paywYikes! The competition is tough! I feel like this thread makes me more nervous, knowing people are doing so well.
- Feb 26, '12 by katie0807ahhH!! i really cant wait till may!!!!
- Quote from paywHeyy thereI mean, the NLN site says 200....but I think its nearly impossible to score that high. At the open house, the nursing advisor said 165 was the highest score possible, and generic applicants should aim for 145-155.
Did the adviser mean that 165 is the highest possible score for the composite portion? Because technically it can go to 200. The raw score stops at 160 (60 + 40 + 60) though.
Do you have any idea what typically the highest NLN scores are in the generic program??? Are there many people who score about 150/160?
- Feb 29, '12 by paywTechnically it can go to 200, but what I think she meant was not very many people actually do achieve above a 165. She said that generic program applicants that are accepted generally have a 145-155, and that accelerated applicants accepted generally have a 155-165. I don't know about in the past, but check this thread and you'll see that applicants this year are doing really well.
- I see... wow didn't know the accelerated program had such high standards!
I don't know how much better applicants are doing this year compared to the last. I don't think the average should deviate too far from that 145-155 NLN composite average score. Sure, some people get above 155... but then again you can expect just as many to get below 145 who get in.
- Are there any other indications that this year is more competitive than the previous? Besides the information presented in this thread. Personally, I have two friends who scored in the 130s so that doesn't tell me much
I heard a rumor that they consider your NLN much more heavily than your GPA... is that true?
Thanks for any info!!