CUNY Hunter Generic Pathway Fall 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- Feb 16, '12 by katie0807hey yeah i took the exam at hunter!
it was okay
did u study for it?
when are u taking it?
are u going for generic also?
- Feb 18, '12 by naby05Yes. I am applying for generic lol
I will take the exam on Feb 29th.
I am trying to study all words from the book and science too.
did you study with the book which hunter college recommends for NLN exam??
How can you get the score
I am impressed lol
Is there any chance to meet you to talk at hunter?
Just let me know lol
- Feb 19, '12 by katie0807haha yep i used that book that hunter reccomends.. and do u have a facebook?
and good luck! itll feel great to get the exam over with haha
- hi, i applied, too, i ahve gpa 3.55, NLN 146, do you think i have a chance to get in? and by the way, do your guyss know knwo people who graduated form the program? how well do they goes on finding jobs? i heard experience is very important on finding jobs, but if peopel just graduated, how would they able to get experience?
- hi, katie what is your name on facebook, can i add you? i applied for the program too, need some info for that
- Feb 24, '12 by katie0807hey ! are u applying to generic?
and nope I dont know anyone who graduated yet.. but im friends with some seniors in the program! maybe my experience , they mean the clinicals? haha im not sure
- Feb 24, '12 by katie0807u probably wont find me on fb, whats your name haha?
- my name is longsen lin, add me
- Feb 24, '12 by paywHey,
As for your GPA and NLN scores, it's definitely possible to get in with them. Katie's GPA and NLN are amazing, so there is really no question there. But I also have a 3.56 GPA and got a 149 on the NLN and am nervous. At this point, getting in really depends on what everyone else who applied has. The nursing advisor did mention at the open house that on average, students accepted into the generic program have a 3.5 GPA and are expected to get between 145-155 on the NLN. Let's just hope there aren't a large amount of applicants above what is the "average."
At the Nursing open house they did mention that finding jobs isn't easy. I know some seniors in the program who have expressed some concern about finding a job once they graduate, but that's life since the job market is pretty crappy regardless of what your profession is. However, it's definitely possible to have experience other than clinicals. I'm working in a doctor's office now; obviously not doing anything of importance-basically secretary work and turning the rooms over after each patient, but I suppose something is better than nothing.
The waiting is the worst part in my opinion. I'm going crazy over here, I really just want to know already.
- Feb 26, '12 by lexx575I am so nervous took my nln on Friday did pretty well but i am hearing many people are doing well on this exam this year.