anyone going to Medgar this spring?Register Today!
This is a discussion on anyone going to Medgar this spring? in New York State Nursing Programs, part of New York Nursing ... Hi. I'll be starting my pre reqs this spring at Medgar Evers begining with chm for health...by fleajones Dec 24, '09Hi. I'll be starting my pre reqs this spring at Medgar Evers begining with chm for health professionals. I plan on applying to a nursing RN program when done. Was wondering if there's anyone else here taking chm 105 this semester at ME. I wanted to get to know some of my classmates if possible.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=446126©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,171 Views
- Dec 30, '09 by lipeach21I got accepted to MEC for spring 2010 but not sure if I plan on going bc it's pretty far from my home. Did you get an acceptance letter from the nursing dept? The only thing I got was a postcard with an advisement date. Do you know where pre-req classes are held and how's the neighborhood?
- Jan 3, '10 by fleajoneslipeach21. I can't remember if my acceptance letter came from the nursing dept specifically but I've met w/an advisor in that dept and have registered for my class. The procss was surprisingly easy, no problems getting the schedule i needed. That was a few weeks ago. I think registration for transfer students is officially Wed but it seems like you can do it anytime.
The CHM class is held in the main building on Bedford. I'm in the 7am class. I live north of Eastern Pkwy (a few blocks north of ME) so I don't get down that way much but the neighborhood's certainly improved over the years mainly because ME has expanded in the area over the last 15 yrs. It is adjacent some nice tree lined blocks as well as a housing project but I believe for the most part things are pretty tame there.
Hope to see you there!
- Jan 3, '10 by lipeach21Thanks for the info. I'm going to register for chm and anatomy&phys 1, either night or weekend classes.
- Jan 3, '10 by Jeanette73Hi! I took my science pre-reqs at ME and I'm now enrolled in SUNY-Downstate's accelerated program. All my classes were in the Carroll Street building. There was a building under construction on Bedford--is it finished already?
I wasn't too impressed with the lab experience at medgar, to put it mildly. I didn't have very good luck with a Chem professor either. I lucked out with A&P I and Micro though--I had an excellent professor who was thorough and really knew his stuff (and had a sense of humor). PM me if you'd like his name.
- Jan 4, '10 by lipeach21chayan
can you pm me the names of the professor . is the nursing entrance exam hard? how's your overall transfer experience to downstate?Last edit by sirI on Jan 5, '10 : Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE PUBLIC BOARDS
- Jan 4, '10 by Jeanette73lipeach--I PM'd you.
I did not take the nursing exam because I had no intention of attending the nursing program at Medgar--I just took science pre-reqs there.
As far as my transfer experince to downstate--so far I'm doing pretty well in the program. I think that regardless of where you take A&P you're going to have to keep reviewing when you get to patho, pharm or med surg. The same information keeps coming up over and over. Just keep reading your text--make sure you really understand how the heart, lungs and kidneys work. For nursing school you won't really need to know names of itty bones and muscles but you do have to have a good understanding of how organ systems work. Don't focus on memorizing--try to get a good understanding of what you're learning so that it stays with you.
- Jan 4, '10 by Jeanette73For Downstate you need to take the NET. I found it to be a very simple test. It's basic arithmetic, grammar and reading comprehension.
- Jan 5, '10 by fleajonesHi ChayaN. I'm very interested in hearing more about your experience at ME. I'm not sure how to get a PM to you but I'll poke around for it.