Winthrop Hospital Long Island New Grad Pay 09Register Today!
- by PurellGirl Jun 23, '09Hello, and congrats to all the May graduates and NCLEX passers! yay! I was wondering if anyone knew what the starting salry for new grads was at Winthrop hospital in mineola? thanks in advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=402820©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 13,295 Views
- Jun 27, '09 by roseynurse345Brand new grad:
- Jul 3, '09 by PurellGirlthankyou
- Jul 6, '09 by abalone12can you tell me about the interview at winthrop university hosiptal for an RN. any advice and what to expect would be great? for example types of questions they ask.. is it scenario based? thank you in advance!
- Jul 13, '09 by JoeyGirlRNNYCI'm with abalone12. I know there are websites to go to concerning the types of questions they will ask and I've done my research and gone over many questions. But if someone has had an interview there and can hone in on what the specific questions are that they ask, that would be helpful. Thanks.
- Jul 15, '09 by abalone12hey joeygirlRNnyc
i had an interview there at it was with the nurse recruiter than with a nurse manager. they were really nice. they basically asked the same questions everyone has mentioned.
1. Why nursing?
2. Why this hospital?
3. Where do you see yourself in 5yrs? ( i think this is a tough question to answer because one im a new grad so i dont really know where i want to be and plus you don't want to sound like you have higher aspirations than what this unit can give you and basically sound like you're gonna leave after a certain amount of experience.) anyways im blabbing again.
with the nurse manager: telemetry
1. same as above 3 questions.
2. what do you do chf pt
3. what to do for pt with chest pain or mi?
4. how do you handle stress?
5. how do you deal with a pca who has an attitude or refuse to take the bp for your pt. how would you handle it.
6. how do you deal with conflict among co-workers.
- Jul 16, '09 by JoeyGirlRNNYCThank you much abalone12! I interview with them soon. Did you get the job?
- Jul 16, '09 by Sammi15If you get hired, make sure you don't go to,
3 North (med/surg, post op), one of the worst floor in the entire hospital
4 North (tele)
3 Main (the entire night crew RN quitted due to poor management)
Otherwise, good luck!
- Jul 20, '09 by kimbalotzHI there. Congrats to you too. I do not know, but I will...I am scheduled for an interview there next Thursday. I will keep u posted on that.
- Jul 21, '09 by elnkbQuote from kimbalotzHi Kimbalotz,HI there. Congrats to you too. I do not know, but I will...I am scheduled for an interview there next Thursday. I will keep u posted on that.
Good luck on your interview. I just applied there in person yesterday. All they had me do was fill out an application, and hand in my resume. I was wondering how you applied, how long the wait was before they contacted you and whether you have Associates or Bachelors in nursing. I am trying to figure out if they'll call me :uhoh21: I have an associates and most places nowdays seems to want a bachelors...
thanks for the info in advance