What are the CE requirements to maintain NY license?Register Today!
- by nycNurse2b Jun 22, '10I thought I would have gotten some info when I got my license. Now I'm worried I should be doing something that I'm not doing.
Please enlighten me! THANKS
- Jun 22, '10 by Silverdragon102Have you checked to see what the BON states?
- Jun 22, '10 by Silverdragon102Just had a quick look and all I can find is this If you are currently under a conditional registration, you must provide the appropriate Board office with proof of your compliance with the continuing education requirement to complete your renewal application. In addition, if you are required to submit documentation related to child abuse identification or infection control training, you may fax it to 518-474-3004 to complete your renewal application.
Online Registration Renewal Information
You may need to contact the BON for clarification
- Jun 23, '10 by noreenlYou need to take the child abuse course every 4 yrs I believe, but there are exceptions /waivers for certain situations. on the NYS BON site it has a listing of courses offered both online and brick and mortar which ever you choose!
- Jun 23, '10 by NYRN05not sure about the child abuse-haven't taken it again since i graduated....but infection control is mandatory every couple of years-i just updated that. other than that no ceu's are required here in ny. just pay up to the office of professions. correct me if i am wrong.
- Jun 28, '10 by nycNurse2bQuote from NYRN05not sure about the child abuse-haven't taken it again since i graduated....but infection control is mandatory every couple of years-i just updated that. other than that no ceu's are required here in ny. just pay up to the office of professions. correct me if i am wrong.
thank you. this is what I thought since I never got any info when I got my license telling me I had to do ceu's or anything. I assume they'll tell me when I need to update anything????
- Jul 18, '10 by VRN-RNgreat i recommend rn.com for CEU they charge you $31.99 for year of unlimited CE's i got it and love it!.
- Oct 7, '11 by JVnurseHey, I have a question, I am trying to do the license endorsement to NY and I have heard an information that when it comes to renewal time, you need to show a proof that you have worked (at least one day), i don't know if this is true, pls help me out here.
- Oct 9, '11 by nycNurse2bI recall the renewal asking me about where I worked and how often, but there was no documented proof I needed to supply them with.
- Oct 10, '11 by JVnursehmm...because I am not working at present and i was wondering if that question is going to be a problem for me...