Welcome, New York Nurses! - page 4
by efiebke 43,151 Views | 187 Comments
Just want to say "Hello" from one New York nurse to another! Ted... Read More
- 0Jan 16, '04 by KarenARI'm a Carolina girl, but have always loved NYC - have visited many times. Mentioned to my husband the other night that part of me still wants to live in NYC someday...to which he replied, "Well, actually..." Turns out that a higher-up in his field recently suggested that he attend/apply to a Ph.D. program at Columbia!
I'm excited at the possibility but (being a Carolina girl) a little intimidated/worried/anxious about moving there with kids...
Some questions for those who might be able to answer:
(1) What's it like to live in NYC with kids?
(2) What's Morningside Heights like?
(3) Know anything about Columbia's grad program in human rights?
(4) Know anything about their MPH programs/public health school?
(5) Anybody else here who moved from the South to NYC, and if so, are you glad you did?
- 0Apr 17, '04 by FranEMTnurseHello there all you New Yorkers! I was born in and lived in New York state for 54 years in the lower Hudson Valley in an area called, Neversink. It's located in the New York City watershed area, and I lived between two resovoirs. Both me and my children graduated from the same high school, and both children are now professionals. I moved to PA in Feb. 1996, and even though New York is a beautiful state I love it here so much I have no intention of looking back.
- 0May 2, '04 by gargimilHello there. Im new on here and trying to get into a LPN program in Rochester. I need any advice I can on what to do after I get it to become a RN to what I should be doing while I am going to school for a LPN. I don't really have a clue on where to start. I was trying to get into the rad tech program, but switched gears and now I would like to pursue nursing. Advisors have been no help!! Thank you for any help you can give me or tell me what to expect, Brian.
- 0Jun 6, '04 by FranEMTnurseQuote from Mommy/GrandmaHi, Then you would probably be familiar with where I'm originally from; Neversink. I moved to PA in 1996. I've been an LPN for 7 years, but I'm now disabled.HI,
I am from Orange County N.Y been an LPN 1 year this June work at Orange Regional Medical Center per diem and at a local Planned Parenthood. Lived here for about 25 years, but was born and raised in Queens N.Y