VNSNY: hiring, orientation process?Register Today!
- by coast2coastRN Aug 15, '12Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has had (or know someone who does) experience working with VNSNY with their Brooklyn region. What is the hiring process like? Did you have to wait a long time to get oriented?
I was told I may need a car to work in Brooklyn. Is travelling by foot/public transit possible while working in this area?
- 1,626 Views
- Aug 16, '12 by myRN85I work there now. They are currently hiring, so apply online. They would prefer if you have a car, but will send you on visits in the city if you don't drive since it's easier to get around via public transportation there. If you drive, they will TRY to keep your visits close to home.
- Aug 17, '12 by coast2coastRNThanks, myRN85! When you got oriented, did you have to wait for more new hires to go on that orientation process in Manhattan? Or did you go as soon as your paperwork was done?
Thanks for your input on the car. If I do work in Brooklyn, I might find it hard to do multiple visits a day just relying on the buses...
- Aug 23, '12 by FraRNjust got a job offer there and will be working in brooklyn, i will tell you how it goes
- Aug 23, '12 by WitchbabyFraRN, congrats on the job offer! did you have any prior hosp experience? Thanks!
p.s. I went to their open house & had an interview, but the recruiter told me they dont hire without 1 yr hosp experience =(
- Aug 30, '12 by ZellRNHow long after applying online can you expect a call?