University of Rochester ABPNN Fall 2012 - Page 6Register Today!
- Apr 19, '12 by VHFmiaear7 and NYRN12:
How much are the programs that both of you got accepted? UR is pretty expensive too. I think u should call and try at least, maybe if you are competitive enough they will tell you. Can you post your stats and experience? thanks!!!
- Apr 19, '12 by ear7It's funny, I can't seem to find an actual figure from either their website or what they sent me. However, I have talked to several other students that went through the NYU program and they said that they were about $80,000-$100,000 in debt. I'm hoping that the materials they send to me will be a bit more specific. As for stats, I had a 3.80 for my bachelor's in psychology and a 4.00 in my pre-reqs. I have worked as a CNA for three years, did undergraduate research, and interned at Rochester Psychiatric Center for a semester.
- Apr 19, '12 by VHFmiaI think u have a good chance to enter to Rochester too. and well both of them are pretty expensive. remember that the 80k 100k debt could be including living expenses, which they are really high in NYC. Is Rochester your first option?
- Apr 20, '12 by NYRN12NYU is a very expensive school and majority of students ends up taking private loans. I just hope I get a good financial aid package, although I know it won't be that much of it. My gpa is 3.2 in biology, 3.3 in pre-reqs, 200 hours of patient care volunteer, undergraduate research. Hope this information helps you.
- Apr 20, '12 by ginaw623ear7: your stats are fantastic! I bet you got into U of R's program...I would call and check it wouldn't hurt to try!
- Apr 21, '12 by cinamaxHey Everyone!
I was so relieved to find this thread! I applied for the APNN fall cohort and was offered an interview yesterday! I'll be doing mine over the phone most likely, even though i am in NY. I'm an international student also! ... I wish everyone luck!
- Apr 22, '12 by ginaw623Hey guys...I'm hoping somebody can help me out with a few questions. I eventually want to go through NP school (probably Psych NP). Should I just apply for the AMPNN instead of the ABPNN? They are seperate applications, right? Is the AMPNN more competitive...because it seems like way more people apply for the ABPNN? Also, let's say I do apply straight for the Master's Program and don't get into it...will they still consider me for just the Bachelor's Program? So confusing lol. I know that everyone in the accelerated programs go through the first year ABSN the same, so is the AMPNN just a more competitive branch of it? IDK which one I should apply for ugh!
- Apr 22, '12 by SereyHello everyone I'm in the same boat as ear7 and NYRN12. I wish UR would send acceptance letters sooner. I already had my phone interview. I think it went well. We even talked about the weather and NJ beaches. The interviewer preferred having in-person interviews but knows it may be difficult sometimes. Good Luck to everyone!
- Apr 22, '12 by VHFmiaSerey, try to give them a call, maybe they can tell you earlier, but definitely this year they are a little bit behind. From old post u can tell that by this time they were finishing interviews and the results were being released by middle May. I'm having my interview in person!!,I wanted to see the school and the city, so I rather go up there!! I'm glad they prefer having in-person interviews. Hopefully we all get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Apr 27, '12 by cinamaxDoes everyone think there is a difference between the phone and in person interviews? This makes me nervous. I'm signed up for phone