Transferring License to New York
- 0Jun 3, '12 by grayeyesI'm currently in nursing school in South Carolina. And my goal is to move to New York, Albany in particular, when I'm done with my degree. The problem that I'm having is what I'll have to do to transfer the license when I get there. I know that South Carolina is part of the Nursing License Compact that involves currently 23-24 states.... and New York isn't one of them. I read a little about people wanting to transfer their CA licenses to NY, but I don't know if that's any different.
In any case, namely I realize that you might need to take extra classes or something and would really like to get those done before I move if I have the chance.
Also, I've been told that if you work for the VA that your license will just transfer. But I'm not sure if that's true. I'd like to know if anyone has any information about that, too.
Thanks so much in advance!
- 0Jun 3, '12 by rad sugarI'm trying to transfer a license from Hawaii to NY - and in another thread about transferring licensure, I saw this link: NYS Office of the Professions - State Education Department
I originally did some research on the topic over a year ago, and I know that there are additional classes needed, and that usually they can be done online.
I have an email to myself with these links that I had saved:
NYS Nursing:License Requirements
OP:Training:Mandated Training Related to Infection Control
NYS Professions - Child Abuse Identification & Reporting Providersope this helps you out a bit. As I'm researching for myself - I'll let you know if I figure anything out. You can always email me, firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about it what info you're able to find.
- 0Jun 4, '12 by grayeyesAhh, thanks for that! That's good to know. I'll be prepared to throw a little money at it and I can do paperwork like nobody's business! lol I just wasn't sure how difficult it would be because South Carolina isn't exactly in the cutting edge of education for.... really anything. But most of my family is from upstate New York. But anyway, thank you!
- 0Quote from Silverdragon102hi silver. Im in the process also with my cvs. Is it alright if I submitted the application forms to NYSED and CVS CGFNS? also I did the nursys for my license verification from another state. I did all the three of them at the same time. Now im thinking maybe I shouldve waited first for cvs to get done before doing the NYSED and NURSYS. what do u think? I'd appreciate for your response.Just follow instructions for endorsement and see what if anything the BON says
- 0Quote from fralizmasorry im a lil confusing. what i meant is would there be any problem if did everything all at the same time: applied to cvs cgfns and nysed, and also have my vt license verified thru nursys.
hi silver. Im in the process also with my cvs. Is it alright if I submitted the application forms to NYSED and CVS CGFNS? also I did the nursys for my license verification from another state. I did all the three of them at the same time. Now im thinking maybe I shouldve waited first for cvs to get done before doing the NYSED and NURSYS. what do u think? I'd appreciate for your response.