Stony Brook Accelerated BSN Class of 2014Register Today!
- by Emer1234 Aug 30, '12I'm surprised a thread for the upcoming class of 2014 has not been created yet (or has it). Well here it is!!! good luck to all
- 53,287 Views
- Aug 31, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to the New York State Nursing Programs forum.
- Sep 20, '12 by chele118Hello everyone. Here we go again! This will be my third consecutive year applying to the ABSN at SB. I made it to the alternate list this current program, but never received a spot. I'm in the process of filling out my application. I have all my recommendations in place and just need to finish up my personal statement. Good luck to everyone.
- Sep 20, '12 by LittlePat7Hey everyone. This will be my first time applying to Stony Brook one year accelerated program and I'm excited. Any advice will be helpful. I was reading the 2013 thread and I got scared because I guess its more competitive than I thought. Good luck to everyone.
- Sep 21, '12 by Emer1234Quote from LittlePat7Hello LittlePat, no need to be intimidated. It is competitive but you really don't know what the admissions office bases their decision on, so you just have to be patient and control the things that you can (references, personal statement, submit your app early).Hey everyone. This will be my first time applying to Stony Brook one year accelerated program and I'm excited. Any advice will be helpful. I was reading the 2013 thread and I got scared because I guess its more competitive than I thought. Good luck to everyone.
And best of luck to you Chele118. It is a grueling process (as our old friend Paco said it during the app period last year). I'm just glad I don't have to do it again lol
- Sep 23, '12 by MrsKBVHi everyone,
I am applying to the accelerated program also. I am both excited and anxious. I keeping researching online but it looks like there is no exact formula to their admissions decisions. Feeling great that my application is completed and submitted so I can try to stop obsessing till April???
Good luck everyone!
- Sep 23, '12 by MrsKBVHi Chele118,
When did they let you know that you were on the wait list?
- Sep 23, '12 by LittlePat7Thanks Chele118, I appreciate the luck. Are there any other accelerated programs that people are applying to other than Stony Brook? Stony Brook is definitely my top choice but alot of the other programs have later deadline dates so I have more time to submit those others.
- Oct 3, '12 by chele118Just submitted my application for the ABSN. I sure hope "the third time is a charm"