Stony Brook Accelerated BSN class of 2013 - Page 65Register Today!
- Apr 20, '12 by BioD1234Got my Suffolk acceptance today so sbu is comming!! Dollface I have to make a deposit by April 30th too so I may loose 100 bucks of I get into sbu
- Apr 20, '12 by Dollface4k6I noticed that the Suffolk deposit is non-refundable! Suffolk was my third choice, so since I was accepted to Farmingdale, I will not be considering Suffolk for the fall. Although I am sad (I currently take classes at Suffolk and enjoy it there, and who wants to be new to a school again, really? haha) I am happy that my decision not to accept their offer is going to mean that someone on the waitlist will be accepted. I was so discouraged after my Accelerated Rejection, I know how it feels to worry and I am happy to give up my seat for someone else. I really hope we find out next week, it would save a lot of trouble.
I hope everyone else who sent in applications elsewhere are hearing back positive news! Although I know we all want to attend SBU, I wish nothing but happiness for everyone on this forum and if it means having a back up plan, I wish you all luck! Hopefully we will find Stony Brook peace soon!Last edit by Dollface4k6 on Apr 20, '12 : Reason: correction.
- Apr 20, '12 by Paws18I was wait listed at suffolk but hoping for the best with SBU! anytime soon... thinking pos!
- Dollface- It is non refundable? Where did you see that? I am thinking that I am going to wait until friday and if I don't hear back from stonybrook I'm going to hand deliver it To Suffolk on Friday afternoon and hand in my deposit..I don't know what else to do
- Or wait until the 30th and drive up to ammerman in the morning and hand deliver the deposit..I don't know if the 30th counts as a day tho or it expires by the 30th..I will have to call them on monday, soooooo frustrating lol
- Apr 21, '12 by Dollface4k6BioD,
On the slip you return with the deposit it says "It is understood that this tuition deposit is non-returnable but will be applied toward tuition charges in the semester for which the application is made."
I am probably going to go up to Farmingdale on Thursday to pay my deposit, just in case we don't hear back from Stony Brook by then, which I hope is not the case! I will probably let Suffolk know this week that I won't be accepting their offer so that they can start letting people off the waitlist.
It is so frustrating! It will all be easier when we hear from SBU, but until then, it's preparing for the 'what ifs'! Calling is probably a good idea! Let us know what you hear!Last edit by Dollface4k6 on Apr 21, '12 : Reason: extra
- Apr 21, '12 by Paco-RNYes, Stony Brook is in the midst of preparing for CCNE to visit the campus next Mon/Tues/Wed for reaccreditation of the undergrad nursing programs for the next 10 years (and seeking initial accreditation for their DNP and nurse residency programs). It has been a priority for the faculty and staff, making sure everyone puts their best foot forward. There is one faculty in particular who I feel has been more cranky than anyone else about this, and perhaps it's the same one in the above post the two-year mentoned (lol) ... this faculty I personally feel is overworked, and that's all I am going to say about that I don't see how Stony Brook can fail to get accredited and re-accredited, having been through this before. But anyway, I hope it goes well!
- Dollface I have decided to wait until Friday and then drive up to ammerman and take the $100 loss if I get into sbu
- Apr 21, '12 by Dollface4k6I plan on doing the same, better to be safe. And I have never been more excited at the prospect of losing $100, cause' if I do it'd mean I got into SBU!
- Lmaooo what a great way to look at it!!!