requirements in ny to take NCLEX..Register Today!
- by darleash May 31, '12can somebody help me about this.. what are the requirements to take nclex here in NY?
- May 31, '12 by michigansapphirenys nursing:license requirements
to qualify to take either the nclex-rn examination or the nclex-pn examination, you must:
- submit an application for licensure (form 1) and the $143 licensure and first registration fee to the new york state education department.
- ask your school to verify your education directly to the new york state education department on form 2 (new york state programs completed prior to 4/1/98 or other u.s. programs), or form 2af (for graduates who are applying for an lpn license based on completion of equivalent education in a program conducted by the u.s. armed forces) or have your educational credentials verified by cgfns (non-u.s. programs).
- register directly with pearson vue to take the nclex examination. to register for the examination, you will need the program code for your nursing education program that is listed in the nclex candidate bulletin. the nclex candidate bulletin and additional information regarding the examination are available on the web at www.vue.com/nclex or ncsbn.org/nclex.htm . you may register for the examination online at www.vue.com/nclex or by calling pearson vue at 1-866-496-2539*
- May 31, '12 by darleashQuote from michigansapphire[URL="http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/nursing.htm#exam"]NYS Nursing:License Requirements
As the note at the bottom indicates, the exact process will depend on where you went to nursing school.
thanks for the info.. i was thinking about the processing time..i know for sure it will take months-yrs for that application alone, i live here in NY, but i am a foreign grad nurse, no experience at all.. i was thinking of pursuing my nursing career after a long long time, i was thinking in applying in vermont for licensure and if i passed, just apply for a reciprocity to ny (that alone takes time too)..what are your thoughts?
i just really want some clarifications.. thanks..
- May 31, '12 by Silverdragon102Regardless as a foreign trained nurse you have to do CVS and process takes approx 6 months. If you plan on working in NY better to just apply to NY BON for licensure. NCLEX is just a part of the process
- Aug 8, '12 by tishamalowsHello silverdragon! i wanna ask if Ny still doent require ssn, toefl/ielts and cgfns exam till now? what are the requirements for school for CES? Thank you God bless
- Aug 9, '12 by Silverdragon102NY does CVS not CES and whether English exams and SSN are required best check out their website
- Nov 19 by pam_sim1489Is new york also affected by the concurrency issue like what happened to cali BON?
I'm a foreign graduate from the philippines batch 2009 without no experience. Will they allow me to take the nclex rn?
What are the steps on applying, please help me. Thankyou