Recently Hired at HHC advice neededRegister Today!
- by TREC96 Jun 27, '10Hi I posted before in a different thread but i didn't get any responses so I'm trying again
I was recently hired at harlem hospital HHC and I start in a week I just would like to get any advice on what i should be doing to prepare myself... Im a new grad and i haven't a clue. The position is in the L&D department for nights 7pm -7am any advice from anyone or any one currently working at HHC facility would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank You So Much
- Jun 28, '10 by mb1949Wow didn't know HHC was hiring, I have no advice but just want to say congratulations and good luck
- Jun 28, '10 by sk57do you have a BSN?
- thank you!!! mb1949
sk57 no I dont
- Jun 28, '10 by alem-tsahaiVisit your local bookstore and read up on the functions/duties/expectations of an L&D nurse. That's your first step. There are tons of books out there on it.
- thank you!!! alem-tsahai ill be at B&N tomm morning!!!
- Jun 28, '10 by laynaERcongrats and good luck! how did you apply if you don't mind me asking...
- Jun 28, '10 by laynaERsorry about the double post. I just saw your response on the other thread. did you follow up after you put in the paper application or did they just call you?
- Thank You
I put in a paper app and i received a call about a month later for an interview, no i didnt call to follow up before that
- Jun 29, '10 by alem-tsahaiForgot to add- Good luck and congrats! You are the envy of your class I'm sure. L&D positions are hard to find, even with experienced nurses. Harlem Hospital sounds like a great start to your nursing career, imo.