Hello! I know this is the Fall 2013 board, but I didn't see an active general NYU ABSN board so I'm posting my question here. Feel free to re-direct me if there's a more appropriate place to ask it.
I'm originally from NYC, moved to FL last summer for med school, but during the first semester decided I had reached an age where I wasn't so accepting of the sacrifices that would lie ahead for many years. Withdrew & applied for ABSN programs. Decided to to start Cal States 2yr program in August. In the meantime, I started having rheumatoid problems and came back from FL to NYC to be treated. I'm now very comfortable with my NYU doctors, and find it helpful having the support of family. I just found out that NYU offers spring admission into the ABSN program and that I had plenty of time to apply. Too much time actually, since I would be taking a risk by not starting Cal State because I wouldn't know about NYU until (per the CON) mid-November. My pre-reqs are complete with around a 3.9 GPA, I have extensive volunteer and clinical research experience with a few publications. I'm wondering two things... 1) How confident could I feel if I decided to take the risk and wait on NYU? and 2) I could live rent-free and comfortably with my parents on Long Island and it's about a 45 min LIRR ride into Penn Station. For those in the program, do you think commuting is doable?
Thanks for any feedback! And best of luck to those waiting on acceptances for the fall!